OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Laser Rangefinders
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Zeiss LRF

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbuyersfriend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zeiss LRF
    Posted: January/09/2009 at 18:41
Anybody out there purchased one of these yet to have some input ? Know anyone that has one. I can't even find one to try out. The possibilities are very really interesting. I guess that Chris isn't getting a comparo out anytime soon. Let me know what you might have.
Thanks
Mark
Have a great day ...unless you have something else planned
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/09/2009 at 23:50
Do you mean these:
524516 New Zeiss 8x45 Victory RF Binocular                                                                                     New Zeiss 8x45 Victory RF Binocular
  • Black
SWFA: $2,899.95
More Info... Buy Now

524518 Zeiss 10x45 Victory RF Binocular                                                                                        Zeiss 10x45 Victory RF Binocular
  • Black
SWFA: $2,999.95
More Info... Buy Now

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
carbuyersfriend View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbuyersfriend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/10/2009 at 09:33
No Zeiss has a new 8x26 LRF on the SWFA site item #524560.
Have a great day ...unless you have something else planned
Bartond View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bartond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/28/2009 at 16:50
I just mentioned to someone else that it is worth checking out the new ZEISS PRF. It was designed by the same engineers that designed all of Leica's LRF/Geovid/CRF technology, so you know it will be good quality. Some of the features I have noticed:

- 1,300 yard capability
- Fully waterproof
- Optically it is fantastic - very bright and sharp so you can actually see detail of what you are ranging and the 8x helps reach out there a bit further
- Scan mode
- Integrated rain/snow modes
- Rubber armored
- Bright red LED readout is always legible, especially in lower light conditions
- BIS Ballistic Information System - the unit will allow you to program the ballistic pattern of your bullet in to the PRF and then when you range something it will tell you 450 yards, "H 8" (hold High 8 inches)

Check it out if you get the chance. ZEISS is just now getting this unit in to stores so that is why there are few product reviews out there.
Get outside...
greywolf View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greywolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/2009 at 15:10
Hoping someone gets this in soon and gets a review done Yippee
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2009 at 12:13
Me too! It's actually been in stores for awhile. I played with one at Scheels in Reno last October.
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic