OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Optic Reviews and Tests > Member's Tests and Reviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Recieved Burris ffII 4.5-14x40

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote porkchop401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Recieved Burris ffII 4.5-14x40
    Posted: January/07/2009 at 21:01
Well this evening I recieved the Burris ff2 4.5-14x40 that I ordered just the day before yesterday. It being on my doorstep so early allowed me time to mount ,zero and perform a few test with it. First off it was packaged very well, after mounting I walked across the driveway to the range, after borsighting and fireing a shot  I preceeded to make my first adjustments .  This scopes tracks like a dream and was zeroed in 4 shots including a final pruff shot.   The light was starting to fade so I thought it was a good time to do some comparing I had an older ff2 3-9x40, a pentax game seeker 3-9x50, pentax whitetails ulm.3-9x40, a 3-9x40 bushnell trouphy and my neighbor came over with his 3.5-10x40 vari-x 3 here is how they ranked in the 
light gathering  
 1st burris ff2 4.5-14 and vari x III 3.5-10x40  ( to close to call )

2nd. Pentax Whitetails ulm. 3-9x40 and the 3-9 ff2 ( very close maybe a slight edge to the   ff2)
 3rd was the pentax Game seeker 3-9x50  ( not saying much for the 50mm )

4th place was the bushnell trouphy but only hair behind 3rd place ( it was the oldest scope as well)  
 Well my hats off to SWFA for a speedy handeling of my scope purchase , we have 4 days left in our rifle season and I will catch at least a couple of them with some new glass.
Mike
The unprepared are the most likely to suffer;    Teddy R.
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/08/2009 at 10:51
Good one, Michael
Thanks for the report,
Doug
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/08/2009 at 12:24
Glad your happy with your purchase and the good folks at SWFA.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/16/2009 at 01:14
Thunbs Up

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/2009 at 15:35
Thank you for your review!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic