OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

New Rifle-Touch decision

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2009 at 19:43
if you are thinking on a custom or semi custom at a decent price check out Hill country rifles they are damn good ...start at 1600/1700 and well worth it.
cbm View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2009 at 19:44
Haven't been there but it's only a couple hours from me !! Did you have any luck ?
rifle looney View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2009 at 19:52
if you are referring to me ...I do not own one my buddy does and I can tell you they are sweet .I would buy one in a New York minute,...check out the site ....are you familiar with a writer by the name of Greg Rodriguez. he uses them a lot.
loaded4bear View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loaded4bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2009 at 20:19
Originally posted by cbm cbm wrote:

Haven't been there but it's only a couple hours from me !! Did you have any luck ?

Got decent 7 and a doe and blew 2 chances at two nice bucks.  Buddy got an 8 and two 6's.  On the last day, a monster 8 came in, probably the biggest of the year according to Hugh.  We went the week of the 19th, hit the rut perfectly.  Going back the same week this year.
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loaded4bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2009 at 20:21

Never heard about Hills Country but they look interesting.  Didn't see any on gunbroker either.

Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2009 at 20:25
Here is the CZ Ultimate Hunting Rifle ( 300 Win Mag ) . If I had some money ( $1700 I think ) I would have to get one of these.....Bandito

Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
rifle looney View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2009 at 20:28
No you wont find the hill countries for re. .sale you keep them always ?
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loaded4bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2009 at 20:29
I saw the MSRP of the CZ for over $4200
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loaded4bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2009 at 20:33
Originally posted by rifle looney rifle looney wrote:

No you wont find the hill countries for re. .sale you keep them always ?

Just checking to see how popular they are but I did read some of Greg's write-up, sounds great.
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2009 at 20:59
Originally posted by loaded4bear loaded4bear wrote:

Originally posted by Roy Finn Roy Finn wrote:

The Bansner is in a different league from all the others you have mentioned.

You better believe it.  I ive pretty close to Mark and considered going all out an ordering one but I had to resist.  Theres one onn gunbroker right now in 280 Rem.  I wonder if it can be re-chambered to the AI or 7mm?

Re-chamber to the Ackley is simple. I wouldn't do the mag conversion although Mark could handle that with ease unless those Borden/Nesika actions are cartridge (family) specific.
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2009 at 21:03
If your in PA you got LOTS of great gunsmiths in the area of Bansner's as well. R. W. Hart built me a 280 Ackley and it shoots mucho good. Borden is another top notch smith in Springville, PA. You would be very, very hard pressed to find more accurate rifles than those build from any one of those guys.
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loaded4bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2009 at 21:09
Actually I live in NJ about 60 miles from Mark.  Hart is another builder I've heard about, lots of choices here, thanks
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2009 at 21:10
Where in NJ? I'm in Bergen County, NJ
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loaded4bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2009 at 21:24

Wow, I live in Essex county, small world.

Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2009 at 21:28
If you ever get the chance and have some free time, take a ride to the NJ Firearms Guild in Raritan. They have about 30 Coopers, 20 Dakota's and lots of other really nice stuff on display at any given time.
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loaded4bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2009 at 21:31
Actually Mark is more like 120miles from me.  I thought he was off 78 right near the PA/NJ border, still close enough.   Hart isn't too far off either.
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loaded4bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2009 at 21:32
I heard about that store, never been there.  Thanks for telling me, I'll definitely check them out.  BTW, did you supply your own action with the Hart?
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loaded4bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2009 at 21:33
I belong to Cherry Ridge range, where do you shoot?
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2009 at 21:36
Yep, to the action question. I've belonged to Cherry Ridge since 1986.
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loaded4bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2009 at 21:39
Just joined last summer, nice place.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic