OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

TC Encore, Triumph or Omega?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAVE44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TC Encore, Triumph or Omega?
    Posted: January/05/2009 at 23:51
I am curious which of these guns is the most accurate and easy to clean and maintain. I currently have a TC Encore 50cal. with a blued barrel and camo stock and it has the original 26" barrel. I also have the 270. win barrel and walnut fore arms and stocks. I like the gun but never really shoot the 270. and basically only use it for a muzzleloader. Accuracy is pretty good but it is kind of a pain to clean properly since some blowback gets into the trigger area and is tarnishing the breech. I have a chance to sell the gun for a decent price so I will probably get a Triumph or Omega. Which of those two is easiest to clean and easiest to get to all the tough spots. If you guys think the Encore is still easier to maintain I may just sell the barrel and walnut stocks and keep it as a muzzleloader. The Triumph looks nice but I dont think you can take off the barrel and get down in the tough to reach areas under the hinging area. I would like any information on your opinions of these TC Rifles. Thanks.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2009 at 08:45
i would get the omega, eventhough the triumph would be easier to maintain. the encore is nice because its so versitile
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
martin3175 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2009 at 11:59

Omega over the Triumph ---easy to clean , and haven't seen one yet that isn't a shooter yet .. I have 2 Encores, and admit both took some aftermarket add-ons ( over size hinge pin and new hammer springs ) to bring them to full potential

DAVE44 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAVE44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2009 at 18:23
Yeah, thats kind of what I was thinking. The Omega looks very simple. Two screws and the stock comes off and you can get all around the breech area and trigger area. I held the Omega and looked at it and no it doesnt have the solid fit and feel the Encore does. The stock feels pretty cheap and it doesnt shoulder just right but it does look simpler than the Triumph. Anybody else out there have experience with these or even another brand they consider better? I even considered a Knight disc Extreme but it looks more complicated in the bolt area. I like the older Knight Wolverine and Bighorn design but I absoloutely hate the new designs.
loaded4bear View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loaded4bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2009 at 21:58

Just joined this forum and I saw this post about T/C ML's.  I don't have any experience with the Encore but I own two Omega's and recently picked up a weathershield triumph.  I find the Triumph to be just as accurate as the Omega but 10x easier to clean.  The trigger guard is larger making it easier with gloves on and its also easier to prime due to the break open feature.  At the range, I swab between each shot using 50/50 IPA/windex, followed by 100% IPA, followed by one dry patch both sides.  The plug is removable by hand even after 10 shots and its essentially clean with very little blow back.

So given the choice between the Omega which I have used for many years with much success, I would pick the Triumph.  Shot my first deer with too, just last week.
DAVE44 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAVE44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2009 at 00:00
Thanks, thats what I was needing to hear.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic