OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

LaserMax

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mustang-PaPa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LaserMax
    Posted: January/05/2009 at 10:52
Am I correct in that SWFA doesn't sell them? May be looking to purchase a LMS-2201 for a Sig P220
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/05/2009 at 13:20
1-972-SCOPE-IT (726-7348)   The sure way to fing out is to call them but I dont think they carry that brand.  I have a Crimson Trace on one pistol that I like and SWFA carries  the ATN Laser devices which seem to be top of the line for a quad rail setup.  I  ran across some Army training weapons with  Beamshot lasers that were very nice but the company says they no longer make that model that runs on AA batteries.  I'm a tad shy of adding the laser sight inside the weapon as far as reliability of both so I would recommend the Crimson Trace for your application.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
geezer View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geezer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/05/2009 at 13:52
I had a lasermax in a glock 22.  I kept the pistol in a holster behind the seat in my truck.  The take down latch also doubled as the on/off switch and vibration, even when traveling on an interstate road, was enough to turn the laser on.  I changed the batteries in the thing three or four times before I decided that enough was enough. 
Mustang-PaPa View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mustang-PaPa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/05/2009 at 15:20
I have a lazerMax in a Sig P226 9m that I've had for a good 12 years and love it. Its a top of the line drop in system.
I'm fixing to also get a Sig P220 45 that I want another LaserMax for. Was just wanting to business here if at all possible.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/05/2009 at 18:14
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa Mustang-PaPa wrote:

I have a lazerMax in a Sig P226 9m that I've had for a good 12 years and love it. Its a top of the line drop in system.
I'm fixing to also get a Sig P220 45 that I want another LaserMax for. Was just wanting to business here if at all possible.

Hey, Mustang, didn't the LaserMax installation require you change out the stock recoil spring with one provided in the kit?  If so, was it a braided spring design like the stock Sig spring?  I've always heard the Sig's wrapped springs were more durable than single strand coil springs.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Mustang-PaPa View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mustang-PaPa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/05/2009 at 19:17
Originally posted by RifleDude RifleDude wrote:

Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa Mustang-PaPa wrote:

Hey, Mustang, didn't the LaserMax installation require you change out the stock recoil spring with one provided in the kit?  If so, was it a braided spring design like the stock Sig spring?  I've always heard the Sig's wrapped springs were more durable than single strand coil springs.

Yes it comes with its own spring to change out. Its never been an issue with the p226 and its function. It'll shot anything you wanna stick in it.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/05/2009 at 19:43
Is the stock spring not large enough to fit around the lasermax, not the correct length, or what?
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic