OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Varmint Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Nikon Team Primos?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote txgolfer52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nikon Team Primos?
    Posted: January/04/2009 at 20:38
Looking to put a scope on my new AR-15 build that has a RRA 20" Varmint bull barrel on the upper.  Will be doing coyote hunting in West Texas south of Abilene.  Will also use it on hogs, if they come by. 

Any experience with the Nikon Team Primos scope?  I only have experience with a Leopold VX-I on my Remington 700 and a Nikon ProStaff 4x on my Ruger 10/22.  I'd like to keep the cost below $300. 
rifle looney View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/04/2009 at 20:43
$300.00........... team Primos it is? PERFECT
trigger29 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
X = 180 Y = 90 (X+Pyro)+(Y-Pyro) = ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/04/2009 at 20:46
The Team Primos will outperform either one of the scopes you have now. They are maybe not quite a VXIII but I'd put them better than a VXII, and a best buy for $200 I bought one, and have been quite impressed. This place will treat you very well.

Welcome to the Optics Talk.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Monster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/04/2009 at 20:51
I agree with Trigger I have heard many good things about the Team Primos I am thinking of buying one for myself

Edited by Monster - January/04/2009 at 20:54
"Get Busy Livin' or get busy dyin'" -Red (Shawshank Redemption)
txgolfer52 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote txgolfer52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/04/2009 at 20:53
Just ordered one.

Thanks,
Scott

Monster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/04/2009 at 21:13
Very nice  let us know how you like it once you use it, it would be greatly appreciated
"Get Busy Livin' or get busy dyin'" -Red (Shawshank Redemption)
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/05/2009 at 04:16
Originally posted by rifle looney rifle looney wrote:

$300.00........... team Primos it is? PERFECT

I concur. That scope is one of the best deals going right now.
Get 'em while they last! Yippee
swtucker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swtucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/05/2009 at 14:49
I like mine, it compares very well with scopes that cost much more!
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/05/2009 at 15:15
i love mine
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
280shooter View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 280shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2009 at 17:27
Im going to order one of the primos scopes.I dont see how you can beat it for 200 bucks, Ita A nikon,imo its the best deal going
lennyzrx View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lennyzrx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2009 at 19:03
there about the best deal going for the price. I have 3. You get real turret knobs compared to the Bushnell 3200 or Burris FFII scopes. The glass is far better than the 3200 or FFII also. I own 3200's and a couple Burris FFII'S along with a newer LRS

If Nikon were on the ball they'd offer the same scope with differant reticles.
jsethmor View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsethmor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2009 at 00:05
The Primos is a excellent scope, if you like the reticle.  My Monarchs have good glass. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic