OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cbissell07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thanks
    Posted: January/02/2009 at 20:54
Thanks to everyone who helped me out i think that i am going to go for the sightron S2 4-16 42mm
So just wanted to thank everyone that helped me with my decision Big Smile
I will have pictures up ASAP
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/02/2009 at 20:56
Good choice on a great scope.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
medic52 View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote medic52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/02/2009 at 21:34
You done good, GREAT scope
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesterton
Cbissell07 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cbissell07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2009 at 10:53
The only thing that im worrying about is the eye relif.. this is going on a 300 WSM
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2009 at 13:00
I don't recall anyone ever having eye relief....or tracking issues on a Sightron.
Good call!! Looking forward to your pics.
Big Squeeze View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2009 at 13:19
Originally posted by Cbissell07 Cbissell07 wrote:

The only thing that im worrying about is the eye relif.. this is going on a 300 WSM
..............Whether or not you get scope whacked, will be determined by your cheek`s shooting position, or if you`re a stock crawler or not!

After the scope is on and you`ve had some shooting experience with it and if you feel it`s getting to close for comfort, try some downward pressure on the scope top by your non-trigger hand palm with the elbow resting on the bench. That will reduce backward jump from the recoil.

When I had an Elite 4200 with only 3.3" of eye relief mounted on my 375 Ruger, using that technique worked fine and with practice it didn`t affect my group sizes.

huff143 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huff143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/04/2009 at 15:51
Originally posted by Cbissell07 Cbissell07 wrote:

I have that EXACT same scope on a 270 WSM.  I don't know what bullet/load you shoot but it likely won't be a great deal more than my maxed-out handloads.  I can shoot from a bench without even touching the rifle with my off hand and the eyepiece doesn't come close to "kissing" me.  You're gonna like this scope a lot!
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/04/2009 at 17:29
That's a great choice for many reasons, and I am sure you will be quite pleased with it.
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
hunter12345 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunter12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2009 at 11:41
Sightron has a good 3.5 eye relief and the recoil of my 300wsm never touched my face.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic