OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

30-06 scope

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joeybe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 30-06 scope
    Posted: January/01/2009 at 22:06

Got a little money for Christmas to go towards the purchase of a scope.  I have a Steyr 30-06.  Hunt over large bean and corn fields in NC.

I have been looking at the following scopes -need help.

bushnell 4200 2.5 10x50
Nikon monarch
Big Sky
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/01/2009 at 22:18
Joey,  Are you dead set on 50mm objective?  I found a 4200 2.5-10X40 Model 422104M Matte, NIB for $297.99 with free shipping.  I don't think anybody can touch that price.  From what I read 40mm and  the good glass makes that a very bright scope.  More than enough for you NC hunting.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

joeybe View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joeybe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/01/2009 at 22:24

I would be willing to look at the 40mm for that price

trigger29 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
X = 180 Y = 90 (X+Pyro)+(Y-Pyro) = ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/02/2009 at 03:12
I'll bet that if you ask at this site's sponsor they will compete with that, and beat it by 10%. Here is the scope on their site. They have a 110% low price guarantee. That SII big sky is no slouch either though. Then again the Monarch isn't a bad scope. Any of them would probably do the job that you ask.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/02/2009 at 08:07
I'd look also at the Zeiss conquest line, a beautiful rifle like Steyr deserves some pretty nice optics. 
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/02/2009 at 08:22
Originally posted by budperm budperm wrote:

Joey,  Are you dead set on 50mm objective?  I found a 4200 2.5-10X40 Model 422104M Matte, NIB for $297.99 with free shipping.  I don't think anybody can touch that price.  From what I read 40mm and  the good glass makes that a very bright scope.  More than enough for you NC hunting.

please read our forum rules before posting anything else like you did here!

1.  Keep it clean.  If you have to ask your self whether or not it's clean.........don't post it.  This includes images too, no blood, guts, nudity, etc.  Only respectful "Hero Shots" of harvested game can be posted.  Pictures of bloody game, game hanging or game in the bed of pick-up truck are not respectable.

2.  No personal attacks.  If you think someone is an idiot, (chances are) everyone else does too.  No need to post it.

3.  Do not advertise our competition.  We work hard to gain the respect and support of our customers.  We also offer a 110% Low Price Guarantee.

4.  No religious discussions or politics unless it relates to guns, optics, and or shooting.

5.  PM stands for Private Message.  Do not share PM's without the consent of the sender.

6.  The Optics Talk forum is not to be used as a customer service tool for SWFA customers.  Tracking numbers, Order Status, Credit Card issues, etc. need to be directed to our Customer Service Professionals at 972-617-7056 from 8 a.m -5 p.m CDT or via e-mail at swfa@swfa.com.

7.  For Sale ads are to be placed in Member's Trading Post area only.  Read the For Sale Rules prior to selling.

Edited by Chris Farris - 24/September/2008 at 14:56

They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/02/2009 at 20:22
No one buys Bushnell for less than we do.  We do have a 110% Low Price Guarantee too.

joeybe View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joeybe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/02/2009 at 20:56

Thanks guys.  Bushnell it is and SWFA is the place to buy. Great service and they do have the low price.

joeybe View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joeybe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2009 at 16:21

After lucytuma's comment I could not get away from the zeiss.  I had planned on waiting till spring to save up for the zeiss.  I ran across a friend who happened to need some money.  So he had a  zeiss for sale.  The Lord brought us together and my friend took $350 for a 3.5-10x50 conquest.  WOW-  I'm thinking about driving to Alabama where the deer season is still on just to pull the trigger on a deer.  He did not have it registered.  How should I go about getting it registered with Zeiss?  Thanks guys for all of your help

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2009 at 16:27
thats a pretty good deal joey!
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
trigger29 View Drop Down
X = 180 Y = 90 (X+Pyro)+(Y-Pyro) = ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2009 at 16:28
You should just be able to go to Zeiss's website with your model number and serial number, and register it there. Did the scope come with the paperwork and box? Everything you need should be on the box. Here is the registration site. Click on Zeiss customer service, then register online. Should go right to the form.

Edited by trigger29 - January/06/2009 at 16:30

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic