OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Scope help, IOR, DOCTER, BURRIS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crafty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scope help, IOR, DOCTER, BURRIS
    Posted: January/23/2005 at 22:25

Hi, I'm new to this site and have found some terrific information, my question (or problem) is: I am in the market for a new scope, I am considering several such as the Burris Euro Diamond, Docter, Meopta's Meostar, and the IOR Valdada Hunting scope, all with 50mm obj. I am leaning towards the IOR or the Docter. I like that the IOR is available in 4.5X14 power. My problem is that I don't know much about IOR or Docter other than what's on their web-sites. I also hear good things about the Burris. If anyone can compare any of these scopes or pro and con them I would be very much appreciative. Thanks

Dan

Edited by Crafty1
Crafty1 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crafty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/2005 at 17:44
ANYONE, ANYONE?
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/2005 at 18:09

I have no personal experience with Docter stuff, but people say that their 30mm scopes are excellent while 1' ones are not great.  IOR is easily one of my favourite scopes equal to almost anything out there.  Burris Euro Diamond is a little cheaper than the IOR and slightly worse optically, but comparable.  Both have a reputation for being tough as nails.

You can't go wrong with either IOR or Burris, IMO.

Ilya

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic