OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

MUELLER RIFLESCOPES???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAVE44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MUELLER RIFLESCOPES???
    Posted: January/23/2005 at 19:44
     Can anyone tell me a little about Mueller riflescopes? Are they a good quality scope with good optics? Anyone have or had any experience with one of their Electro-dot reticle scopes that would care to share their opinion with me>
ranburr View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranburr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/2005 at 13:02

Muellers are assembled in China.  The lenses are of descent quality out of Japan.  I would defieately consider them a step above BSA and most scopes that come out of the third world.  They are not the equals of the Euros or the U.S./Japanese scopes.  But, they do not cost as much and they are a good deal for the money.

ranburr

goose7856 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goose7856 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/2005 at 13:05
They are argueably the best $170-$200 scope on the market today. I just got the Tactical model, and it easily compares to my Nikon Buckmaster. I would also say there lenses are better than "descent", but I agree they are not Euro equals. 
USMC8541 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USMC8541 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/2005 at 14:49
Mueller riflescopes are Crap Crap Save your Money
Sgt C USMC (Dav)http://www.rleeermey.com/
goose7856 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goose7856 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/2005 at 16:06

huh?? Are you sure your talking about the great customer service, If you dont like it we'll give you a Brand new one, Mueller??

I disagree 100%  with USM

Edited by goose7856
riverrat View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riverrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/2005 at 20:35
 USMC8541's negative comment about the Mueller scopes is the first bad one that I've seen anywhere I've looked on the net! I don't have one, but was thinking about it! Ofcourse, my opinon could be changed! But from all my research, most folks are saying they are pretty good scopes for the $$$. Again, my opinon can be changed with a good testimonial!!!!
goose7856 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goose7856 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/2005 at 22:07

I wouldnt way one negative comment over about 5,000000000000000000000000000 good ones........I dont think he has a clue what hes talking about, and ill stick by that, b/c he is wrong.

SavageShooters View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SavageShooters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/2005 at 22:43
Well, I have 3 Mueller scopes (2 Eraticators and a 2-7 Multi-Spot) and another on the way (4-16 Mil-Dot), and am more than happy with all of them.  I've compared them side-by-side in the field with Bushnell 4200's, Leupold VX-II's and III's, and many other top quality lines.  Fact is, the Mueller's are just as clear and crisp as any of them.  The only scope that showed a slight advantage was a Elite 4200 6-24x40mm Bushnell, and that was when counting tines on a TV antenna at 1200yds.  The Bushnell was just a slight bit clearer in that instance and made counting the tines a little easier.

There are two frequent complaints I hear about Mueller scopes, and I tend to agree with both.  The first is in regard to their not having positive stops on their turrets to let you know when you're out of travel.  The second is in ragard to their rather short 3.25" eye relief, which can become finicky on the Eraticator when abover 20x magnification.  Outside of that, I haven't had or heard a single complaint from anyone who's bought one and you can't beat their customer service!

SavageShooters
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/2005 at 22:46

I recently looked through a couple of Mueller scopes at the range and I was sufficiently impressed to plan on buying a 4-16x50 version for my 22-250 Savage.  Once I purchase it and use for a bit I'll post my impressions.

There are generally a lot of people who will discard anything not made in Germany as absolute crap.  Then there are people (like me although a definite minority) who avoid anything made in Germany like the plague.  We all come into this with out own prejudices.

Having said that, a vast majority of made in China riflescopes that I've seen were subpar.  The two Mueler scopes that I had a chance to look at in some detail were 4-16x50 and 8.5-25x50 Eraticator were surprisingly good. Eraticator is a bit too much of a scope for me so I'll probably by the 4-16x50, but both very quite good.

Ilya

BillD1 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/2005 at 23:31
Hello Koshkin, how would you compare the Mueler scopes to the Sightron scopes?
Bill D
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/2005 at 23:59

Well, my Sightron's are mostly of 3-9x variety, but I think that SIghtron S2 will be better than Mueller pretty much in every way.  Optically, Mueller is better than Sightron S1 though. 

Ilya

USMC8541 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USMC8541 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2005 at 08:20
well i use to Own a Mueller riflescopes  i had it on a  300 Weatherby and  when it was shot the front lens moved and now it only good for  a 22  in fact i gave it a way to a friend so he put it on a 22 ca. well for now i dont buy any scope that made in China. the only Scope under $300 dollars that have not fail me is the  10X42SS
Sgt C USMC (Dav)http://www.rleeermey.com/
Imagunsmith View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imagunsmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2005 at 15:07
Any brand scope is gonna give bad results at times, gotta look at mas production flaws.  I just sent a Nikon back because it it shot pretty much where it wanted to. But I think this is the exception rather than the rule......... 
Gotta problem rifle? I can probably help.
goose7856 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goose7856 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2005 at 15:57
USMC......send the scope back to the manufactourer, they will give you a brand new one.....that will solve your "crap" problems when the second one is good.....you are exactly right lmagunsmith.
riverrat View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riverrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2005 at 19:25
 This was a great discussion! I'm gonna get a 4-16X50mm for my Rem. 78. I like the idea that they have an etched crosshairs. The warranty ain't bad either! How can you go wrong for the price???
goose7856 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goose7856 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2005 at 20:06

"How can you go wrong with the price???"

I dont think you can. They have made a scope for every type of hunting, and they are coming out with a new pistol scope very soon, so the company is definitely "on the rise".

radiobreath View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radiobreath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2005 at 20:58
I bought a Mueller Eradicator last summer and put it on a Savage 204.  Great scope for the money.... limited eye relief is a pain in the ....but, hey, the price is right.
Jaybird
lurch(jec) View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lurch(jec) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2005 at 21:32

I got a Mueller Eracticator and I have mounted it on my Heavy Barrel Rem 700 .223. I have a Boyd Boys varmint stock with a 28 oz trigger. I haven't been able to go out  and shoot the scope in but it looks ok to me. I have always shot Leupold scopes and I hope I am not disappointed with this Mueller (Just wanted to try something different).

The clarity is good. The eye releif... not so good. 

I have shot 5 shot groups under a dime with this gun so I think I can really test the accuracy of this scope.

After I shoot the gun I will include a picture with my next post.

One Shot, One Kill, NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
lurch(jec) View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lurch(jec) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/27/2005 at 13:49

I shot my Rem .223 in today. I shot a five shot group you could cover with a dime.

The Mueller scope will hold the center of aim, but getting it where you want it is another story.

I was disappinted in the turrents. the claim too be 1/8 MOA adjustments but they were very touchy. It took me several rounds to get this scope adjusted. I know it isn't me because I have never had a problem with my Leupold scopes. If they will improve there turrents, they will have a very good scope. 

I included two pictures of my gun. One has my deer that I shot with a bow that scored 185" gorss P&Y with a 25" spread. It is hard to see but it has 18 scoreable points.

One Shot, One Kill, NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
Doors0311 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doors0311 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/27/2005 at 20:10
Ranburr spelt it out pretty well but I will give you my two bits for what it worth. I have the Mueller 4-16x50AO with the illuminated reticle.It is mounted on a Savage 93 in 17HMR. The optics are bright and crisp and for the money I spent(149.00) I am quite satisfied. If you are looking for good optics at a Budget Price or you simply want to stay married like me then this is an excellent choice.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic