OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Help Me Out Please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cbissell07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help Me Out Please
    Posted: December/30/2008 at 11:45
I am looking for a new scope for my savage 300 wsm,  i just got introduced to the target knobs and i think that it might be a good investment since that gun can streach out there 600 yards easly.  so i was looking for something in 4-16x 40mm+ and for about $400,  or Cheaper,  i was looking at the sightron but when  i asked before no one really informed me on it that much.  So if you can tell me about a scope with the requiments that i stated above or atleast point me in the right way then i would be really thankfull.
trigger29 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
X = 180 Y = 90 (X+Pyro)+(Y-Pyro) = ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/30/2008 at 12:29
It seems to me that for that power range, and to get target knobs on a name brand scope, that is about your only option. I think I looked for something like that once. If you want more options you will need to raise the budget. The Sightron SII's are a nice piece. I don't think you would be hurt with such a scope. A 600 yard shot with that round is not too difficult, just put your time in and get profficient at it before trying it on any game.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Cbissell07 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cbissell07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/30/2008 at 13:02
Have you ever used a Sightron and what do you think about it if you have.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/30/2008 at 13:07
i dont mean to be a dick, but dude your killing me, since you have joined you have started 10 different threads on the same subject, i think we have hashed this one out enough. if you wanna know about sightron scopes ask a member here by the name of koshkin for his views on the sightrons, he will more than likely tell you to buy a sightron big sky SII which i what i told you to buy as well, problem is that its more than $400, as is the monarch and the 4200 in the 4x16.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
huff143 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huff143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/30/2008 at 13:13
I have two of them.  One is a SII, the other a Big Sky.  Both are good scopes, both seem to be tough and both track well.  And, since you're planning on using the target knobs, repeatability is muy importante! Bandito  Glass in the BS is a little better but other than that I can tell no difference.  Sightrons are very solid performers.
trigger29 View Drop Down
X = 180 Y = 90 (X+Pyro)+(Y-Pyro) = ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/30/2008 at 13:52
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

i dont mean to be a dick,

We know, you just can't help it. You can be one without meaning to.

Roll on Floor Laughing

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/30/2008 at 13:53
hey your catching on quick!
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Horsemany View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horsemany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/30/2008 at 22:19
Originally posted by Cbissell07 Cbissell07 wrote:

I am looking for a new scope for my savage 300 wsm,  i just got introduced to the target knobs and i think that it might be a good investment since that gun can streach out there 600 yards easly.  so i was looking for something in 4-16x 40mm+ and for about $400,  or Cheaper,  i was looking at the sightron but when  i asked before no one really informed me on it that much.  So if you can tell me about a scope with the requiments that i stated above or atleast point me in the right way then i would be really thankfull.

ONe thing to remember is peoples opinion of scopes is very subjective.  You could get 5 different opinions from owners of the same scope.  You're not looking at a bad scope so I'd say get a Big Sky and see what YOU think.  That's the only way to be sure.  You'll have to excuse pyro.  He's a bit direct but knowledgeable.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic