OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Mike650

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mike650
    Posted: December/26/2008 at 21:28
Your avatar inspired me today and I must say, Thank You.

I've never heard of Pacifico before your avatar and it is very good, especially with a lime.

I was at the beer store browsing for something new and exciting when I saw the label and it looked strangely familiar to me, then it hit me.  Bucky  I bought a six pack and a lime.  I had to fight my wife of though, she likes it too. Ouch

I might just have a new favorite. Cheers

mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/26/2008 at 21:55
Originally posted by Chris Farris Chris Farris wrote:

Your avatar inspired me today and I must say, Thank You.

I've never heard of Pacifico before your avatar and it is very good, especially with a lime.

I was at the beer store browsing for something new and exciting when I saw the label and it looked strangely familiar to me, then it hit me.  Bucky  I bought a six pack and a lime.  I had to fight my wife of though, she likes it too. Ouch

I might just have a new favorite. Cheers

Thunbs Up

Pacifico's my fav. I got hooked on 'em while ordering a bucket of beer in Cabo many moons ago. Ice cold, they're hard to beat.
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
swtucker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swtucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/26/2008 at 21:56
P.C. is almost as good as:  Dos Equis Amber...almost.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/26/2008 at 22:29
you have been to mexico how many times and youve never heard of pacifico?? wow
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/2008 at 01:50
Guess I spent too much time ordering Tacate with Lime.Bandito

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/2008 at 07:05
tecate is the working class beer pacifico is for the rich man
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/2008 at 07:41
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

you have been to mexico how many times and youve never heard of pacifico?? wow

I've been to Mexico MANY times and have never tried Pacifico either.
Never heard of it.

When I was in Juarez in the 80's (during my Reign of Terror), I'd WOW the local patrons at the cantina with my grasp of the Spanish language and told the bartender "Uno mas cervesa, por favor", Bandito they ALWAYS, ALWAYS, just gave me a can of Tecate with a sliced lime and a salt shaker.
Hell, I thought "cervesa" was slang for Tecate, because everbody at the bar was drinking Tecate. 

Sorry for the high jack, Chris. Just had to say that based on my experience. "Hard data", as Root would say. Wink
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/2008 at 07:48
ive never been to mexico, and i have drank both, maybe its just cause i like beer. i worked with a bunch of messicans building pipelines in the oil fields, and when we got back to the motel at the end of the day they would buy some steaks and a case of tecate and we would have a bbq steak and beer and man was it good
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/2008 at 08:09
Heard I rumour that you liked beer pyro, glad that's been confirmed.
God save the Empire!
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/2008 at 08:15
i like canadian whiskey, but you guys really need some work on your beer! labatts and molson are disgusting! and it comes in a 11.9 oz bottle??
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/2008 at 08:15

It's all good!!

Chris, sometime try Pacifico with salt and lime. It can be a little messy but it's a good combo too.
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/2008 at 08:20
what i dont get is why all the mexican booze needs a lime or a lemon and salt??
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/2008 at 08:25
Originally posted by mike650 mike650 wrote:

It's all good!!

Chris, sometime try Pacifico with salt and lime. It can be a little messy but it's a good combo too.

I never knew they made Tecate in a bottle, Mike.
I'll be damned.
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/2008 at 08:41

That's cause they have no taste by themselves!  If you want taste buy a Smithwick's.

And what the heck is 11.9 oz bottles????  You probably mean 341 ml (man our systems of measures is totally screwed now).
God save the Empire!
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/2008 at 09:19

Some German beer, like Hefeweizen, is served with slices of lime or orange.

Quality tequila (not Jose Cuervo) is very smooth and needs nothing.

Personally, I don't think Pacifico needs anything and I usually only use "the extras" at a restaurant or if someone brought 'em along, that makes it special. The key is they need to be cold. The colder, the better. Back from a hunt in 90+ degree weather, nothin's better.

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/2008 at 10:06
most hefe's  are served that way,im not much of a hefe fan, i prefer porters, ambers, stouts etc, dark stuff that cannot be good for you
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
rifle looney View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/2008 at 10:11
Well guy's it's 5 o clock somewhere?
                         Wink
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/2008 at 11:38
I love the Mexican beers but I have never had a Pacifico.  I like Corona and Carta Blanca the best.  Tecate is okay but lighter.  Modelo is good and robust.  Dos Equis is lighter, like Tecate.  Maybe I once had Pacifico but don't remember---that's a possibilty.  I did a lot of things in Mexico that I don't remember.  ( But it was all a good time! )  

Smoking Bandit
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/2008 at 11:42
Originally posted by Ed Connelly Ed Connelly wrote:

I did a lot of things in Mexico that I don't remember.  ( But it was all a good time! )    
                                                                                               Smoking Bandit

I've done a lot of things in Mexico I can't remember, nor will I confess to...... Devil
scooter65 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scooter65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/2008 at 12:00
How many ( if any ) remember the mexican beer Simpitico?  Was in my opinion the best beer to ever come out of Mexico.  No longer brewed sadly enough.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic