OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Alabama Gator

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alabama Gator
    Posted: December/24/2008 at 20:41
< ="-" ="text/; =utf-8">< name="GENERATOR" ="Office.org 2.4 Win32">< ="text/">

Got this in an email.  Don't know how true it is, but it looked cool!

This picture was taken by a KTBS helicopter flying over  Lake Wiessabout , 90 miles north of  Birmingham , Alabama ! 

The helicopter pilot and the game warden were in communication via radio's........ here is a transcript of their conversation.

'Air1 have you a visual on the gator, over'

'Approaching inlet now, over'

'Roger Air1'

'Gator sighted.. Looks like it has a small animal in its mouth.. moving in, over'

'Roger Air1'

'Holy Crap it's a Deer!'

'confirm Air1.. did you say Deer?, Over'

'Roger.. a Deer in its mouth.. looks like a full sized buck.. that's a big gator, were gonna need more men, Over'

'Roger Air1..can you give me a idea on size of animal, over'

'Its big, 25 feet at least, please advise Gator is heading to inlet.. do I pursue?, over'

That has to be a HUGE gator to have a whole deer in its mouth! The deer was later found to be a mature Stag and was measured at 11 feet! 

Are you ready to go skiing on  Lake Wiess ?! If you ski at the west end of the lake -- try not to fall.

This alligator was found between Centre and  Leesburg ,  Alabama near a house! Game wardens were forced to shoot the alligator  - guess he wouldn't cooperate... 

Anita and Charlie Rogers could hear the bellowing in the night. Their neighbors had been telling them that they had seen a mammoth alligator in the waterway that runs behind their house, but they dismissed the stories as exaggerations. 

'I didn't believe it,' Charles Rogers said, but they realized the stories were, if anything, understated. 

Alabama   Parks and Wildlife game wardens had to shoot the beast. Joe Goff, 6'5' tall, a game warden, walks past the 28-foot, 1-inch alligator (
8.5 metres) he shot and killed in their back yard.

To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
Sgt. D View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/24/2008 at 20:49
28ft.!! That's hard to imagine. Even lookin at the pic it's sureal. I have mixed feeling about it though. I wouldn't want a monster like that living where I spent much time, but at the same time It's a shame such fantastic animals can't be left alone.

I wonder if they found Cpt. Hook's hand in there?

Edited by Sgt. D - December/24/2008 at 20:50
Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/24/2008 at 20:55
Originally posted by Sgt. D Sgt. D wrote:

I think they tracked him by the ticking clock
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/25/2008 at 06:40

Shocked

What a shame they had to kill him!  He's as big as the biggest Nile crocodile.....( well, who knows?? )   Shocked

Down along the Gulf Coast of Texas the police get called out periodically to get a gator out of the middle of the road somewhere..........blocking traffic. 

Police
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/25/2008 at 10:50

Thats one awsome gator, I wonder how old it was?

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/25/2008 at 11:31
Wow!!
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
swtucker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swtucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/25/2008 at 18:18
I've seen the bottom photo about 5 different times...each time the gator is in a different place and each time he grows a foot or two.  And with him in the foreground, it's impossible to tell how big he is.
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/2008 at 12:02
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/2008 at 12:14
I can't get the snopes to come up.............is it a fake??   Get Your Popcorn Ready
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/2008 at 12:18
The pictures of swimming gator are real, but taken somewhere aroung George/South Carolina border.

The gator is estimated to be around 12 foot long or thereabouts.

ILya
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/2008 at 12:27
Originally posted by Sgt. D Sgt. D wrote:

28ft.!! That's hard to imagine. Even lookin at the pic it's sureal. I have mixed feeling about it though. I wouldn't want a monster like that living where I spent much time, but at the same time It's a shame such fantastic animals can't be left alone.

or maybe  jimmy hoffa?
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
rifle looney View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/2008 at 12:31
Pyro (Chris Ledoux) when and how?
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/2008 at 12:36
your kidding right?
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/2008 at 12:39
NO havn"t been paying attention to the country seen like I used to??oops
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/2008 at 12:40
mar 2005, liver cancer sad day for me, i cried like a little kid when i found out. i had seen him in concert about a year before that and he seemed as good as ever, and they dont come any better, i remember when i was a junior in high school, we made it to state basketball that year, we played at the 2A level, and kaycee (chris's town) made it there too in a different class 1A and we watched them play cause his son will was playing then too, and chris was at the casper events center with his family and nobody bothered him, i watched him the whole game and never once did i see anybody come bother him for a picture or an autograph, they knew to leave him be. class act will be missed

one of my favorites

Edited by pyro6999 - December/27/2008 at 12:49
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/2008 at 12:49
Man ,time flies he was the real Mc,coy!/ my cuz used to ride pbr and we listen to him all the time..      Really Sad
Crypto Dave View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crypto Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/13/2009 at 10:22
Pure fiction..I live 10 minutes from where they were supposed to have taken that photo, I know these lands as well as any man alive, and the biggest gator I have ever seen around here, was MAYBE a 10 footer.

My wife is a Graphic Designer, she looked at the photo of the gator hanging, and confirmed it was photoshopped, albiet well.

SNOPES offers final confirmation. http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/gatordeer.asp
"A government big enough to give all you need, is big enough to take all you have."

Thomas Jefferson
hunterwingler View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/14/2009 at 13:34
u can look a @ a gator and measure  from the end of his snout to his eyes, how ever many in's that is turn it into feet that's pretty close to how long he is. like this 23in = 23 footer give or take.

Yeah rifle don't feel bad i just learned of Chris myself just last week. i feel dumb for it. lol 

Edited by hunterwingler - August/14/2009 at 13:35
I wasn't upset about the black cat crossing my path this morning but mouthing "your fu@#ed" as he passed was just rude.

If Guns kill people mine are all defective
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic