OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

FEDEX Ground - mini rant -

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucznik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FEDEX Ground - mini rant -
    Posted: December/23/2008 at 16:44

Just a quick rant...

Now, let me preface this with - I know that this is the holiday season and that my expectations are probably a little high....

I had my wife's Christmas present shipped to me via Fedex Ground on 12/16/08.  I live in SouthWestern Wyoming and the package was originated in Brooklyn, NY.   According to Fedex's online tracking system it arrived in North Salt Lake City, Utah on 12/19/08.  It had a scheduled delivery date of 12/22/08 - giving them 3 days. 

Today is 12/23/08 and the package has still not arrived.  What this means is that the package made it almost 2200 miles in 3 days, but in the subsequent 4 days (5 if you consider it probably won't be delivered until tomorrow) it has not been able to make the final 100 miles of the journey to my house.  The various Customer Service Reps I have spoken to have all been extremely pleasant and apologetic, though materially completely useless. After all, it's not like they have any power to influence the delivery process.

The kicker is that I have to travel to Salt Lake tomorrow for Christmas events; which means that there may be no one home to accept delivery if/when they do manage to get to my home tomorrow.  Oh, and they don't deliver on Christmas day.  So, I may have to just print and wrap a picture of my wife's present and tell her it will (hopefully) arrive... someday. 

I talked to my brother who works for Fedex Air (a seperate business entity) and he tells me that I should never have gone with Fedex Ground  and especially not during the holiday season.  He comforted me by saying that at least they haven't completely lost my package yet...  gee thanks.

Last year I had a couple of horrible experiences with UPS and then of course, there's Fedex Air which, although reliable, costs an arm and a leg.

I think in the future, I will try to just stick with the good old USPS. 

Edited by lucznik - December/23/2008 at 16:48
What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/23/2008 at 16:50
Provo and Salt Lake have been having some crazy storms the last 4 or 5 days.  Yesterday they got 12 to 14 inches of snow.  Might be part of the problem.

I had to packages in the last to weeks shipped UPS and both of them made it to SLC and then for some reason they shipped them to Kentucky.  WTF.  One of them was an LCD tv, I was shocked that is was not broken when I got it.  The other one was 4 days late because of that.  I think it is just people not paying attention and doing their jobs properly for the most part. 

I feel for you bro.  Hope you somehow get it before christmas.  
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
rifle looney View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/23/2008 at 16:52
YES been there done that. it sucks.  WYO huh?..deer /pronghorn. got an address...?
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/23/2008 at 17:07
dude the pony express has to change horses at the state line in echo canyon!! and then knowing your wyoming luck with packages as well as mine the damn horse blew a shoe between evanston and 189 hench, late package. i sent a christmas card to my dad, and a friend of mine in ontario canada and wouldnt you know it the guy in canada got his first, and im not so sure my dad has seen his yet!
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
lucznik View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucznik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/23/2008 at 18:18
Well, my faith in humanity has been (at least partially) restored. 

Fedex guy just dropped off my package a few minutes ago.  

Average Joe View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Average Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/23/2008 at 18:23
All the post services suck when there late with your stuff.
My UPS guy is part ninja because he can deliver boxes to my house without me hearing or seeing him.....it's truly amazing.
I'm classic shag nasty type.
rifle looney View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/23/2008 at 18:26
no body brings me anything.Sad
Monster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/23/2008 at 19:24
yep I've had that problem with a package I was trying to receive from MW shooting supplies and I know it was not there fault because they ship 99% of there orders same day haha maybe it was MW fault but it took 2 weeks for my package to arrive! I blame it on Fed-ex since this is the fed-ex rant page Cencored
"Get Busy Livin' or get busy dyin'" -Red (Shawshank Redemption)
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/23/2008 at 19:34
Originally posted by Average Joe Average Joe wrote:

All the post services suck when there late with your stuff.
My UPS guy is part ninja because he can deliver boxes to my house without me hearing or seeing him.....it's truly amazing.

Big Grin

“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
lucznik View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucznik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/23/2008 at 20:33
Originally posted by Average Joe Average Joe wrote:

That's funny.

My wife hates UPS partly because they show up at the door at really late hours (sometimes as late as 10:30 p.m.) scaring her out of her wits. 

Of course, she can be pretty scary herself, if her stuff isn't delivered promptly...  Maybe that's why he's willing to show up so late.  He's afraid of the consequences if she gets pissed...Big Grin

swtucker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swtucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/23/2008 at 21:05
Originally posted by lucznik lucznik wrote:

Well, my faith in humanity has been (at least partially) restored. 

Fedex guy just dropped off my package a few minutes ago.  

Where I live Fed Ex is who you would want to deliver your heart medicine....UPS is kinda spotty and USPS doesn't give a sh*t if you get your package or not.  But everyone has a bad experience from time to time....glad you got your stuff!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic