OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

I would have never guessed !

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I would have never guessed !
    Posted: December/23/2008 at 07:10
ACTOR DAVID SPADE GIVES $100K TO PHOENIX PD TO BUY AR15s

Fox News ran a report tonight that actor David Spade just gave $100K to the Phoenix Police Dept. so they can go buy  AR 15s. He heard that the cops were getting so outgunned on the street that they were going to go buy the guns with their own money, so he stepped in and donated the money. He is also reported to have given $25K to the family of a Phoenix LEO who was killed in the line of duty last year.

Here's a link to a People Mag story on this:( can't believe they ran it without bashing him--I saw the story on the Maryland  Shooters forum)
http://www.people.com/people/article...248550,00.html

I have an entirely new level of respect for Mr. Spade. I might actually now go to see movies he's in!Loco

Edited by martin3175 - December/23/2008 at 07:14
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/23/2008 at 07:14
( isn't David Spade the little funny guy?......)   Stare
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
martin3175 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/23/2008 at 07:17
  He played Joe Dirt ..a cinemagraphic classic...sort of

Edited by martin3175 - December/23/2008 at 07:18
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/23/2008 at 08:20
if thats true, david spade is a   stud!
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
geezer View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geezer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/23/2008 at 08:51
Every time I see David Spade I always remember the part in "Joe Dirt" where he uses the pitcher of warm water and the spatula to free the dog's cods from the porch.  How could you ever expect to be taken seriously after that scene?  This news definitely gives me a reason to have some respect for the man.  Couldn't you see him being interviewed by Rosie "I suck" O'Donnell.  He could grill her on her sexual orientation while she goes into a tirade and brands him a gun lover.
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/23/2008 at 09:02
In the business he's in that took alot of balls. My hats off to him.
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/23/2008 at 09:27
Originally posted by Roy Finn Roy Finn wrote:

In the business he's in that took alot of balls. My hats off to him.
 +2 After that  He might not ever make another movie. What would it be like if him and Tom"Mr mustach" Selleck teamed up. Would it be another Tommy Boy? I think it would be an odd pair but would be a good for us with the anti's. As David is not so PC witch is what we need.

P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/23/2008 at 16:40
My wife and I saw that story on the noon news today. We were both shocked and pleased.
What do you expect from a guy who was on a show called Just Shoot Me. The star of that show (can't remember her name) co-starred with Tom Selleck in Quiglly Down Under. Hmmm.
The rambling old man is done now.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic