OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Zeizz Conquest vs. Bushnell Elite 4200

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rodrigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zeizz Conquest vs. Bushnell Elite 4200
    Posted: December/22/2008 at 19:02
Hello. I`m planing to buy a new scope for my Ruger inox .300 and i`m not sure wich is the best option: Zeizz Conquest 3-9x40 or the Bushnell Elite 4200 2.5-10x40? Both in silver finish. Any advices? Another better option up to $500? Thanks again for any help you can give me on this.
Horsemany View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horsemany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/22/2008 at 19:12
Close call.  Possibly a slight advantage in optics with the Zeiss, but he Zeiss is much bulkier with a much larger ocular end.  I'd like the Zeiss a lot better if it was the size of a VX III.  Bottom line you can't go wrong with the 4200 or Conquest but I'd say the 4200 is a much better value and the Rainguard is nice too.  It works.
Rodrigo View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rodrigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/22/2008 at 19:21
I was looking for another option and i saw the Swarovski 3-10x42 American Riflescope. It is a lot more of money. It worth the diference? Most of the time I will be hunting in very low ligth conditions. Thanks again. 
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/22/2008 at 19:29
All of our "mid-ranged" priced scopes are pretty good, including the vx3.  Though I personally don't own a conquest I believe the glass is better then the 4200.  What it boils down to is personal preference, I think the SII, Monarch, vx3, Conquest, 4200 and most of the scopes in this $400-500 range will all perform under 95% of all hunting conditions. 

Sure some may have different selling points or features that maybe more important to a paticular user, but in the end I believe these are pretty even products.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
Tip69 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/22/2008 at 19:41
here's a pretty good deal:

7114 Swarovski 3-9x36 American Light Weight 52040, Matte finish, one inch tube, plex reticle, fast focus shock absorbing eye piece, resettable windage & elevation, light ring marks. $940.00 $649.95
take em!
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/22/2008 at 19:45
I agree Tip, now were in a whole different ball game and yes I'd take the sample list Swaro over any of the "new" scopes in the $500 range.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
Rodrigo View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rodrigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/22/2008 at 20:02
Thanks guys. I think i will spend an extra buck and go for the American Swarovski 3-9x36 or 3-10x42. Or you think it doesn´t worth the diference?
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/22/2008 at 20:10
Get the 3-10 and never look back.  I don't think you will ever be unhappy with that choice.  While I am still suffering from a "buy American" kick I am on, the Swarovski is an excellent optic.  My experience tells me it IS worth the difference.  
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/22/2008 at 20:10
the only advantages i can come up with for the 4200 is rainguard and a cheper price tag.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
swtucker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swtucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/22/2008 at 20:17
Originally posted by Tip69 Tip69 wrote:

here's a pretty good deal:

7114 Swarovski 3-9x36 American Light Weight 52040, Matte finish, one inch tube, plex reticle, fast focus shock absorbing eye piece, resettable windage & elevation, light ring marks. $940.00 $649.95

This is your ticket here....not much more $$$ and a way better scope.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/22/2008 at 20:20
sightron sII big sky is another option and its glass is comparable
http://www.swfa.com/pc-10621-1511-new-sightron-3-9x42-sii-big-sky-riflescope.aspx
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
trigger29 View Drop Down
X = 180 Y = 90 (X+Pyro)+(Y-Pyro) = ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/22/2008 at 20:49
It's optics may compare to the 4200, but it will not be in the same league as the Swaro. There is always the price difference though.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
bricat View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bricat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/22/2008 at 22:23
Get Your Popcorn Ready
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/23/2008 at 10:25
Swaro is worth the money!

I've heard many (mostly Tasco and BSA owners) say "you don't get more for the extra $$", and that is simply not true.

Buy the Swaro, you will not be disappointed.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
donlipa View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donlipa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/23/2008 at 13:33
That used swaro is 2.5x's the price of a new 3-9x40 4200.  Is that even a fair comparison?  If you are looking for a good scope for under $300 with a lifetime warranty get the 4200.  If you have $650 for the 3-9x swaro go for it. 
jetwrnch View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jetwrnch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/24/2008 at 18:58
Cost benifit goes to the 4200 3-9x40 for around $250. My personal choice is the Conquest 2.5-8x32. I own both and there's just something about the Zeiss that feels more natural to my eyes. I feel less like I'm looking through something. The Conquest can be had for around $350.
hunter12345 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunter12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/24/2008 at 21:20
I have both and it comes down to me choosing the 4200 for the raingaurd feature that comes in handy while hunting in snowy wet conditions.Zeiss is clearer and has more eye relief.The Sightron SII Big Sky has that same feature and I find it to be brighter than my Conquest & 4200.
DAVE44 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAVE44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/25/2008 at 14:26
I have had Conquest and 4200. The Conquest is a tad sharper and clearer view than the 4200 in the 3-9 x 40 models. I found though that they are both pretty equal in low light brightness. As I said the Conquest does have slightly cleaner and sharper resoloution than the 4200. The Z plex reticle is heavier and easier to see than the 4200 plex which is thinner. The Conquest is nice but the 4200 is right there with it for a lot less money. The Sightron Big Sky does appear to me to be a little better and a couple of hairs brighter than the 4200. The Big sky does have very critical eye relief though. I believe once it is mounted it would not be a problem though. I dont like the WIDE PLEX reticle on the Sightron as much as the regular plex but I have noticed that the reticle does not turn silver or almost transparent in certain lighting like the 4200 and even Grand slam wire reticles do, it stays black.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic