OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Mako 5x magnifier

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akjunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mako 5x magnifier
    Posted: December/19/2008 at 01:04
i tried using the Search feature but couldnt find anything on this.

looking for real life feed back on the Mako 3x or 5x magnifier.
for use with an Eotech or Aimpoint.
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/20/2008 at 01:19
The magnifier does not seem to me to be a good idea as it alters the field of view which is what makes the EOTech and the aimpoint come on target fast- which is the whole reason for buying one. If you need magnification the Trijicon ACOG and compact ACOG scopes are the better choice.  Using quick release mounts like ARMS or GG&G it is possible to have multiple optics all zeroed for one weapon and switch types of optics as the type of engagement changes. Ex. one optic might be a 3.5-10x40 Leu Mk4 and the second optic might be a Aimpoint Comp M4 or an EOTech.  That is why the ACOG scopes are so popular they have some magnification but can still get on target up close.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
lhgixer View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lhgixer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/09/2009 at 15:33
I just bought this from cheaperthandirt   no way it's 5x not even close and it does not come with a quick release for CQB  but I was right on target at 50 yards  26 out of 30 inside the the target ring   that was before I learned how to focus it (twist the rubber) so I guess I'll keep it cuz it was only $119  luckily I had my own quick release mount from a previous order from sunclear vector optics  again they claim 5x but it's more like 3x maybe I got burned?
sheep dog
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/09/2009 at 16:19
I wonder if you got the one with 3x instead of 5x.  It looks like both are available.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/09/2009 at 17:20
Just came across this.  Looks like a much better option.  http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/Detail.bok?no=170
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

lhgixer View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lhgixer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/09/2009 at 17:57
no it clearly is printed on the scope 5x Reddot Magnifier
sheep dog
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/09/2009 at 18:21
I meant I wonder if it was mislabeled.  

lhgixer View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lhgixer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/09/2009 at 19:12
ok   but I have no idea how I would prove it   unless I matched it up with another scope and it was WAY better  that  is 5X  I'll figure something out  good news is  I'm hitting everything that dot is on   I own a CQB Armalite M15A4C spr fanf**kingtastic!  1/9 twist 16 inch hbar  great weapon   and I was shooting 62 grain AND 77 grain bullets no probs one mags got the steel/tungsten rod penetrator at 62 hp grains and the other  mk262  77 hpbt grain   yummy   eats them up sends them downrange 1 1/2-2"  I'm happy
sheep dog
BobFr View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobFr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2009 at 13:17
I getting a new Stag Model T2 in a few days, and intend to mount an EoTech 512 to it.  Since this is a range/plinking weapon, I want an inexpensive magnifier that I can get out of the way reasonably quickly, either by removing or flip-to-the-side.  I'm really thinking about the Mako 3X or 5X magnifiers also, since I can justify an EoTech magnifier for my uses.  How is the best way to mount the magnifier?  I see someone on the Cheaper Than Dirt site recommends the X-High 1" Weaver Grand Slam Lever Lok Top Rings (Weaver No. 49327).  Is this the right height, and is there also a resonably-priced FTS mount?
BobFr View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobFr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2009 at 13:18
In the above post, I meant to say that I CANNOT justify an EoTech magnifier for my uses!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic