OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Super Sniper 10X42 on backorder -here before Xmas?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Super Sniper 10X42 on backorder -here before Xmas?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bcp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Super Sniper 10X42 on backorder -here before Xmas?
    Posted: December/17/2008 at 11:26
I apologize if this is the wrong forum -

I ordered a scope over the weekend (one of SWFA's ebay auctions, 329$ 10X42) and was informed it's currently on backorder. Now my question is, are they pretty good about getting stock out to customers? I understand holidays are busy, but I was kind of hoping to have it here before Christmas.
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/2008 at 11:28
I would call them and talk to them directly.  SWFA is one of the best in the industry, but if they don't have them then they can't really ship them.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
ba_50 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ba_50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/2008 at 19:53
They were out when I ordered mine but had it shipped about 3-5 days later.
bcp View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bcp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/23/2008 at 15:20
Originally posted by ba_50 ba_50 wrote:

They were out when I ordered mine but had it shipped about 3-5 days later.

Yeah, I called them, they don't have them in yet, no idea when they will be available. Still kind of irks me that they are listed as "20+ in stock" on ebay though.
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/23/2008 at 18:23
OT RULE #6

1.  Keep it clean.  If you have to ask your self whether or not it's clean.........don't post it.  This includes images too, no blood, guts, nudity, etc.  Only respectful "Hero Shots" of harvested game can be posted.  Pictures of bloody game, game hanging or game in the bed of pick-up truck are not respectable.

2.  No personal attacks.  If you think someone is an idiot, (chances are) everyone else does too.  No need to post it.

3.  Do not advertise our competition.  We work hard to gain the respect and support of our customers.  We also offer a 110% Low Price Guarantee.

4.  No religious discussions or politics unless it relates to guns, optics, and or shooting.

5.  PM stands for Private Message.  Do not share PM's without the consent of the sender.

6.  The Optics Talk forum is not to be used as a customer service tool for SWFA customers.  Tracking numbers, Order Status, Credit Card issues, etc. need to be directed to our Customer Service Professionals at 972-617-7056 from 8 a.m -5 p.m CDT or via e-mail at swfa@swfa.com.

7.  For Sale ads are to be placed in Member's Trading Post area only.  Read the For Sale Rules prior to selling.

Edited by Chris Farris - 24/September/2008 at 14:56

Edited by Steelbenz - December/23/2008 at 18:23
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
donlipa View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donlipa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/24/2008 at 22:53
I'm not sure why SWFA would bother listing them on ebay if they don't have any in stock, I'm sure there is some reasonable explanation for it.  We are not supposed to complain too much about them though as this is their site and all Wink.  Honestly though I have ordered from them a few times without any problems and would order again.  Just need to be aware they will let you order stuff even if it is not in stock which is a bit annoying.  I guess (just a theory) they offer so many products for sale that they cannot realistically have it all in stock.  So with the more obscure things they have to order from a wholesaler after you place an order.  The Super Sniper scopes are different go out as fast as they come in I hear.  I am not sure what is the issue though, is there a high demand and low production numbers or what.
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/25/2008 at 00:44
"I'm not sure why SWFA would bother listing them on ebay if they don't have any in stock"

That is easy to answer.  They HAD them in stock -----THEY SOLD THEM. Once they sell all they have --- they continue taking orders for them as a backordered item.  They sell a LOT of them. They sell a lot of them because they are really good and worth any wait and inconvenience you might encounter as a result of getting in line after the guy that bought the 20th scope.

It is really not uncommon for a military unit to call up and order 20 of something or 200 of something.  

Salute  Want a cool scope -  See your Army Recruiter. American Flag

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic