OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Howa

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/2008 at 16:07
if you had one of those special edition fat fingered key boards like i have ted, it really speeds up your ability to type faster!! i will send you one for a late christmas present!
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Monster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/2008 at 16:11
Thanks for the responses guys! Big Squeeze I think I heard about that at burro canyon. DO you do any hunting?
"Get Busy Livin' or get busy dyin'" -Red (Shawshank Redemption)
Big Squeeze View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/2008 at 17:11
Originally posted by Monster Monster wrote:

Thanks for the responses guys! Big Squeeze I think I heard about that at burro canyon. DO you do any hunting?
.............Not as much hunting now as I have in the past. Two years ago, I nailed my last elk. I mostly do hog hunting now, but I do plan on some big bear and bison hunts in the future with maybe an African trip too (business permitting??), so that I can put my .375 Ruger to some real good use!.......

What cartridge did you get in the Howa?
Monster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/2008 at 17:17
I got it in good ol' 308. I just got into Deer hunting and I figured it was a good cartridge for my first big game rifle.  
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/2008 at 17:28
Nothing wrong with the .308, it may be the most proficient round we have.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/2008 at 17:30

I got it in good ol' 308. I just got into Deer hunting and I figured it was a good cartridge for my first big game rifle.  
...........Did you get the 308 Howa M1500 w/22" barrel or the more compact 308 Ranchland w/20" barrel? They both have the green Hogue stocks........Yep! That`ll do just fine for some big hogs too!
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/2008 at 17:31
.308 is good for virtually any non-dangerous game in North America and would probably work just fine on most of them.  It is a great round.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Monster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/2008 at 17:33
It has the M-1500 with the 22" barrel. Yea hog hunting is on my list of things to do but everywhere is pretty steep if you want to go on a ranch (ex. tejon). I have thought about going to Hunter Liggett but just have not found the time.
Duce View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/2008 at 17:41
I have a Howa .308 and it is accurate out of the box, trigger is heavy and I replaced it with a Big SmileTimmey trigger.  I like the rifle and it is sub moa out of the box.

Duce
Duce
Monster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/2008 at 17:44
Sounds like I have a lot to look forward to in this rifle minus the optic
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/2008 at 17:45

It has the M-1500 with the 22" barrel. Yea hog hunting is on my list of things to do but everywhere is pretty steep if you want to go on a ranch (ex. tejon). I have thought about going to Hunter Liggett but just have not found the time.
.......That`s a great rifle for the bucks! You`ll enjoy it...... I go hog hunting on a super secret and restrictive 250 acre private ranch about a 90 minute drive from here. The owner and I are good friends. I just make a call and can go at anytime!

I will try the Grand Tejon Ranch sometime!

jackh View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/2008 at 17:53
i just found this package deal online today and it looks really intruiging. wish i had a grand to blow on a rifle right now, but i already did on my 6.8 :(. ill start saving though, id really like to get into tactical bolt guns
Monster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/2008 at 17:53
haha don't bother if you have a good spot. Im jealous of your set up. Eventually I hope to find my own secretive spot. 
jackh View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/2008 at 17:54
yall have hogs in cali?? i didn't even know anyone hunted in cali lol
Monster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/2008 at 18:07
haha yea we do not have much to hunt (at least the places in so cal that I have been) but its better than nothing. Jackh what part of Texas you live in?
rifle looney View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/2008 at 18:39
Hey monster, hi I live pretty close to you there in whit. just wanted to say thats a nice rig you got .308 all you need.save up some $$$ and go hunting dude.CoolCoolCoolCool
Monster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/2008 at 18:42
Thanks Looney you live close huh? Do I know you?Bucky
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/2008 at 18:48
dont know your your pic is not real clear, and the sunglasses cover your face,but the terrain you are in looks real familiar .
Monster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/2008 at 18:49
Want directions?
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/2008 at 18:55
Well wouldnt want you to give away your secret spot . heaven knows I gave away all mine.
 really I did no joking. burro canyon yuk!Thumbs Down
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic