OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Choose Monarch or Kahles KX

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Choose Monarch or Kahles KX
    Posted: December/16/2008 at 11:51
Which scope would you choose the Nikon Monarch or Kahles KX?
bama
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/16/2008 at 11:56
Kahles if I had the money......
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/16/2008 at 11:56
Both are good to go mechanically. I'll take the AMV coated Kahles glass over the Nikon. It is quite a bit better than the few Monarch's I have. This excludes cost comparisons.

Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/16/2008 at 12:04
http://www.swfa.com/pc-13253-1219-new-kahles-35-10x50-helia-kx-riflescope.aspx
PRO's It's liter and cheaper  possible CON's  no side focus. Kahles the company is in transition right now.

http://www.swfa.com/pc-6976-222-nikon-25-10x44-monarch-x-30mm-riflescope.aspx

Has side focus good, I like the nikoplex reticile

Both are good scopes.!!!
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
geezer View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geezer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/16/2008 at 12:11
+1 Kahles
medic52 View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote medic52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/16/2008 at 13:09
KAHLES KX....
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesterton
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/16/2008 at 17:27
+2 on Kahles and if you can find a discounted one on the sample list, no comparison.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
stilhuntin View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stilhuntin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/16/2008 at 17:28
The Kahles KX is a great rifle scope. I was walking out of a cut corn field recently after legal shooting time and noticed something in the field. I looked through the KX 4x12x50 and could see the buck at about 400 yards. Nice definition at low light.
The scope will definitely take you well beyond legal hunting time here in North Carolina.

I also have a Multizero that has held it's zero for the past three years. It is far more scope than my I can use with my limited shooting ability.

Bought the KX off the Sample List. They said it had light ring marks, but I have yet to find them. Great service and a very helpful staff at SWFA.

Next for me will be a fixed power for low light scope for a 270.
Mojo View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman
All Mojo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/16/2008 at 17:58
I love my Kahles KX 3.5-10 X 50 with the 4a reticle off the Sample List.  Before purchasing it. my final three were Kahles KX, Bushnell 4200, and Monarch....in that order.  All are wonderful scopes.  The Kahles costs more, but is a step up too.

Mojo 
MOJO
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic