OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Weaver reticle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boilerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weaver reticle
    Posted: January/19/2005 at 02:56

Brand new to the forum and my knowledge of optics is somewhat limited, so please excuse my ignorance.

I recently obtained an old Weaver V2.5X-8X variable scope in very good condition that has a triple crosshair reticle.  As the power is zoomed, the reticle zooms with it and what ever fit into one of the grid squares, still fits at all powers.  Can anyone explain what must be a special use for this type of reticle and how to use it effectively?

The scope is equipped with a fron ring and the rear ring provides external windage and elevation adjustments.  Anybody have any experience using this type of mounting? Is it pretty reliable under recoil?  Any help would be gretaly appreciated. Thanks! 

Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/26/2005 at 17:43

Does the elevation have any yardage markings on it?  Can you take a picture of the scope and reticle to post?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic