OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Hunting, Fishing & General Outdoors > General Hunting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

buffalo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/15/2008 at 13:14

Man.......that's exactly what I was thinking when I was doing it .......8shots ! Unbelievable......don't even see how they did it !!

Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/16/2008 at 10:51
oh...they used to run about 500 of them off a cliff and then go down and skin eight or ten of them.  That's where we learned about conservation.
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/16/2008 at 11:21
And here's one of the places they did it Ed:

Head Smashed-In Buffalo Jump (actual name)

near Fort MacLeod in Alberta

Edited by Dogger - December/16/2008 at 11:22
God save the Empire!
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/2008 at 23:58
When you get right up next to these things they are a lot bigger than they look from a distance.  They have really long black tongues too my brother and I fed some of them some bread the thing couldn't even get it's nose in the car window thats how big they are. It was really funny.   I think you should hunt from a horse and use a bow just for the pucker factor
you'd probably be suction stuck to the saddle for a day or two.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
trigger29 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
X = 180 Y = 90 (X+Pyro)+(Y-Pyro) = ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/23/2008 at 15:32
Originally posted by rifle looney rifle looney wrote:

Yeah! good eating but no adventure. no stories. no sleepless nights, no time off work. this could go on n on. ?

They won't let me hunt them. I have probably as many in my state as anyone out there, and I can't even hunt them. It figures.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/23/2008 at 15:40
your not a sioux indian!
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
trigger29 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/23/2008 at 16:04
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

your not a sioux indian!

Obviously! If I was, I would have to run them off a cliff. Think I would rather shoot one. At least the one I did shoot wasn't corraled, so to speak. I went out to where they were grazing, got set up in a tree line, and when the one came close enough, I shot. They didn't know we were there. It was like hunting, except not as exciting. I will have to find a place to hunt them for real some day. I do have to say they are spooky though. The first ones we set up to shoot spooked, and there would be no shots fired there.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/31/2008 at 17:48
Just this past weekend 2 Buffalo were shot on Safari Joes wildlife Sanctuary east of Tulsa. Someone shot them through the fence and left them. A$$ holes. Crap like this really hurts Hunters. Sheriff is investigating.
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
rifle looney View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/31/2008 at 17:56
That sucks ,and even if they get caught hardly no charges will be filed fines if any will be minimal at best .bas...ds!
trigger29 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/31/2008 at 17:58
Find them and string 'em up. These people are not hunters and should not be looked at or treated as such.

3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/31/2008 at 18:19
Safari Joe is a sanctuary for retired zoo animals. It is supported entirely by donations. Last winter the big barn burned and they lost a lot of animals. The petting zoo has been closed all year trying to rebuild. They have Lions and tigers leopards and lynx. along with many other exotic animals. It is a great place to visit. It will be good when they reopen to the public. The Buffalo is just another set back. Here is a link.   http://www.safarijoes.org/
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
trigger29 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/31/2008 at 18:40
It is sad that somebody would ruin such a thing for so many people for the few minutes they got out of it. Then to leave the animals just laying there makes me sick.

rifle looney View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/31/2008 at 18:48
We need to start a minuteman army for game animal protection ....shoot on sight?...
  call the law later.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic