OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

BCS Championship game

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scooter65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BCS Championship game
    Posted: December/09/2008 at 12:21
Alrighty, lets get this party started and no whining from the TX folks.  Sooners by 10 and it goes down to the wire.  They break it open in the fourth quarter......  OK, let the debate rage on.  Keep it clean, respectable and no low blows.  (That probably leaves Ed out of the conversation.)
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2008 at 13:41
Going to be a goodin' for sure.

Sam Bradford is going to have some big pass plays against Florida's "bend but don't break" defense.
He's an incredible athlete and will be taking the Heisman trophy back to Norman this Saturday.

The problem for Mr. Bradford is that he's not seen a defense THIS FAST all year....probably EVER.

Enter....Janoris Jenkins and Joe Haden. Devil
scooter65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scooter65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2008 at 14:15

I figured you would be the first with an opinion (cheap trick).  I would agree, Fl hasn't faced an offense like OU and OU hasn't faced a defense like Fl... In all honesty, I would be a dime on this game... But it will be a good one.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2008 at 15:11
Actually, Florida did face a similar offense this year when they played Georgia. 

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2008 at 15:13
im taking tebow by 17
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
scooter65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scooter65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2008 at 16:21
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

Actually, Florida did face a similar offense this year when they played Georgia. 

You cannot be serious, comparing Georgias offense to the Sooners.....  Maybe thats as close as FL got to something similiar but not the caliber. I think the best Offense that FL's defense has faced all year is their own in practice!  Tebow is a force, he's big and takes off like a rabbit... That will burn OU.
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2008 at 16:53
Originally posted by scooter65 scooter65 wrote:

You cannot be serious, comparing Georgias offense to the Sooners.....  Maybe thats as close as FL got to something similiar but not the caliber. I think the best Offense that FL's defense has faced all year is their own in practice!  Tebow is a force, he's big and takes off like a rabbit... That will burn OU.
Actually Cheap is right. Further more I doubt that there is any team in the country that can beat a Florida team that is playing to their full potential. OU has about the same amount of talent and at the same positions offensively that UGA does. You could include Alabama in that same boat as well. They also run very simialar packages for the run and for the pass. LOOK OUT OKIES, IT'S A GATOR CHOMP!!!!!!!!!
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2008 at 06:14
GO GATORS! If they play right, Tebow and company will prevail. OU is great as is Stoops. We'll see though.
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
Chris Farris II View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2008 at 08:32
I will take Texas by 21.
One day your life will flash before your eyes; Make sure it's worth watching.
mwyates View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mwyates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2008 at 08:38
Only one thing to say about that game......the BCS sucks a big one.

HOOK 'EM!
No man on his deathbed ever said "I wish I'd made more money".

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2008 at 09:43
Originally posted by scooter65 scooter65 wrote:

I'm totally serious.
GA and OK run the same style offense, as Billy stated, only OK is even more pass-first oriented, which actually favors the Gators super fast defensive backs.

Bradford's a super good college QB and will beat the Florida "D" for a couple big plays, but look for the Florida defensive backs to pick him off and take it the other way. Gator "D" will score in this game. He ain't playing Missouri this go around.
The Gators also shut down a VERY good ground attack with GA and Moreno this year.

Sammy's head better be on a swivel come game time cuz Brandon Spikes will be lurking......Howdy 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2008 at 15:18

Rumor Control has Harvin ready for the NC game and possibly even star TE Cornelius Ingram too.

I'm getting really hyped for this game.  
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2008 at 16:28
Well my dogs out of this hunt but I'll chime in.   I've caught crap from my Bro. who graduated from OU since the SEC CG, Florida scored enough to win against the most brilliant Defensive mind in the College ranks I'll take Florida by 10.

Bob, if your read this ..................    "HOOK'EM HORNS"

"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2008 at 17:44
It'll be a great game, no doubt. Two exciting offenses against two athletic and fast defenses.
I really like OK and have the utmost respect for the program and Bobby Stoops.

I'm interested to see how the Gator "D" handles the Sooner's no huddle offense and what defensive scheme OK installs to slow down Florida's offense.

I don't think it'll be a close game. Who ever wins, will win in a blow out. Shocked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/12/2008 at 16:52

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/14/2008 at 06:41
Congratulations to Sam Bradford on winning the Heisman....Excellent

(Tebow had MORE first place votes, but who's counting, right?) Whistling  Wink
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/14/2008 at 09:07
thats alright he can have the heisman. tebow going to win the important one.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
scooter65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scooter65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/14/2008 at 09:20
I would have rather he didn't win it, the historical trend for the NC do not favor the Heisman winner.
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/14/2008 at 10:54
I'm sure Tebow would rather win the BIG game than the Heisman again (but he would have taken it though). Anyway, congrats to Bradford. Now, GO GATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/09/2009 at 06:38
Originally posted by Steelbenz Steelbenz wrote:

I'll take Florida by 10.

Bow
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic