OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

110% Guarantee?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wby300mag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 110% Guarantee?
    Posted: January/18/2005 at 16:02

Hello,

Before I start I want everyone to know I am very happy with the service at SWFA and I know that in the retail business there are times when your hands are tied as far as the lowest price.  Out of respect to Chris and the other people I'll with hold the name of the other store.  Through my investigation, and before posting this, I did check the 110% guarantee and was fully within the guidelines.

That said, I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem:

I have been looking for several weeks to find a scope for my new rifle.  I decided on a scope and found a lower price through a different retailer.  After contacting SWFA via e-mail, I was told that they could only beat the price by 5.00 or less than 2% of the difference. (forgive me if my math is wrong)

Frankly, I'm dissapointed.  Over the past year or two, I have heard so many good things about SWFA....This comes as kind of a kick in the teeth to me. 

Has anyone else experienced the same problem?

Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2005 at 16:18

Post the product and the company also who you spoke with here via e-mail.  I will find out what the deal is.  Meanwhile here is our 110% Policy.

110% Low Price Guarantee

If you find a lower price at any competitor’s store on a new identical item just show us the lower price when you buy the item at SWFA or within 10 days after your SWFA purchase and we'll give you 110% of the difference.

Our 10-day price-match guarantee is good on everything from optics to accessories. The item must be in stock and available for purchase at that price from a company (excluding wholesale or membership clubs) with a physical store location in the U.S. who is authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product.

• Item must be identical: For example, it must have the same U.S. manufacturer's warranty. It must also have the same model number and contain the same components.
  • Price Verification: SWFA reserves the right to verify another company's product availability and price before issuing a price match guarantee. Computer screenshots are not acceptable as proof of a competitor’s price – the lower price must be accurate and live on a competitor’s site at the time of the price-match.
  • Other Discounts: Available coupons and rebates will be deducted from the SWFA price to come up with a new SWFA price when calculating the price match. For example, if you buy an item from us for $100 and we offer a $10 rebate, the net price is $90. If the item is available from another company for $90 or more, there will be no price match. Another example would be if you buy an item from us for $139 and you have a $30 coupon; the net price is $109. If the item is available from another company for $105 the price match will be for $4.40 (110% of the difference).
  • Shipping and Handling: These charges are included when comparing our price to another company's delivery price, the equivalent shipping and handling charges will be included. If proof of the other company's shipping and handling charges are not supplied, then our standard shipping and handling charges will be added to the other company's price. For example, if you buy an item from us for $100, with $10 shipping and handling, and the item is available from another company for $90 with shipping and handling charges of $7, then the difference is $13. You would receive 110% of $13, which is $14.30.
  • Special Offers: If another company offers a product that comes with a free or discounted item and SWFA does not carry the free or discounted item, there will be no price match. For example, if another company offers a free product with the purchase of a scope, and the SWFA price is equal to the company's price for the scope, there will be no price match if SWFA does not carry the free product being offered.
  • Quantity Limits: We may limit the quantity of an item that may be price-matched. For example, if the other company limits the number you may buy, we may also limit the number. In addition, SWFA reserves the right to limit quantities sold to a customer.
  • Exclusions: We don't price match products provided or sold at local or special events (e.g., gun shows, grand opening, anniversary, clearance or liquidation sales), items sold at wholesale/membership clubs (e.g., Sam’s, Costco), products sold on Internet auction sites (eBay, GunsAmerica, etc.) or products sold by distributors or wholesalers (e.g., RSR, Davidson’s, companies that sell to dealers only). We also don't price match taxes, typographical errors or any item or price that includes a rebate.
wby300mag View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wby300mag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2005 at 16:28
Chris,
Thanks for your prompt response.  Let me again say, I mean no disrespect to you or SWFA.... Infact it is your expertise and willingness to explain the truth that has me working even this hard to give SWFA the business,  and Yha I may be petty, but I think its a matter of principal.

See Below:

Our bottom dollar price to begin with is 324.95 on that scope. We can sell it to you at this price if you like. Just give us a call here and ask for the best price, and you will be take care of.

Thanks,
SWFA
Sent: Monday, January 17, 2005 3:32 PM
To: swfa;
Subject: Bushnell Elite 4200

Hello,

I am looking to purchase a new rifle scope and I am contacting SWFA first because of two main reasons.  

1) your web site indicates you have a 110% guarantee.......and price is almost the most important issue to me.
2) "Chris" has made several very good points in your Opticstalk forum and did not attempt to persuade me to purchase a scope that was out of my price range.

I am interested in purchasing a Bushnell Elite 4200 (2.5-10X40), however, have found the same scope for a much lower price on another web site.  Will you honor your "110% guarantee with this price?

Durham outdoor supply has the scope listed at $329.00 and offers free shipping.
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2005 at 16:49

SWFA's price is $398.99 on a Bushnell Elite 4200 2.5-10x40 Matte

Competitor price is $329.99 with free shipping

That's a difference of $69.00 and 110% of $69. is $75.90

Our price $398.99 - $75.90 = $323.09 with free shipping.

I don't know why we quoted you $324.95 other than our sales person did not understand how to do the math.  Our computers have a best price on items that have a minimum advertised price that our sales staff is not supposed to go beyond.  Our sales person should have went to the web site you provided, printed the page as evidence and get a manager to sign off on it after he has done the math on the printed proof.

I think the sales person really thought that the best price that came up on their computer was less than what you would have gotten via the 110% and felt they were going above and beyond for you.

I will thoroughly cover it in our team meeting this Thursday and dock the sales person's pay.

Call me and I will sell it to you for even less to make up for our screw up.

wby300mag View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wby300mag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2005 at 17:15

Chris,

I just missed you......I will be calling on Wed., 01-19-05.

Thanks again

Brewdaddy View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brewdaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2005 at 22:28

Wow, I'm impressed! I guess, I'll be buying my next scope from Chris!

wby300mag View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wby300mag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2005 at 15:15
Just bought my Bushnell Elite 4200, FROM SWFA, and I cant tell you how happy I am.  Keep up the good work, you have a new customer for life!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic