OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Super Sniper and flip-up covers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sakcpa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Super Sniper and flip-up covers
    Posted: December/08/2008 at 13:03
I'm looking at purchasing a super sniper 10x and am curious how the rear focus impacts flip-up covers. Any feedback? Thanks!
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/08/2008 at 14:56
Originally posted by sakcpa sakcpa wrote:

I'm looking at purchasing a super sniper 10x and am curious how the rear focus impacts flip-up covers. Any feedback? Thanks!

Welcome to Optics Talk.

No worries, the flip ups won't interfere with the rear focus. I have the same unit with Butler Creek caps.
sakcpa View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sakcpa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/08/2008 at 14:59

OK, that's helpful. I have a Nikon scope on another rifle with adjustable objective and a flip-up doesn't work so well there because it hits the stock when you turn it. A pain.

I'm trying to decide between side and rear focus, hence the question. Thanks.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/08/2008 at 15:06
I prefer the rear focus cuz' I shoot lefty and adjust parrallax with my off hand. I'd go with rear focus if I were a righty though too. I just like it better.

The BC cap won't touch your focus ring on the SS. You'll love that scope.....Wink   
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/08/2008 at 16:40
You wont be disappointed with either scope. If right handed the side focus is nice but the rear focus is less money and still is a very nice scope depends on what you prefer.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
sakcpa View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sakcpa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/08/2008 at 17:08
My primary concern was the rear cap rotating with the focus ring and stopping the rotation or just being a general nuisance. Doesn't sound like that's an issue. Thanks, guys.

Is there any perceptible difference in the operation or quality of the side vs rear focus? If not, the rear seems to be the way to go - the extra $$ can purchase a bipod. Big Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/08/2008 at 17:11
Originally posted by sakcpa sakcpa wrote:

My primary concern was the rear cap rotating with the focus ring and stopping the rotation or just being a general nuisance. Doesn't sound like that's an issue. Thanks, guys.

Is there any perceptible difference in the operation or quality of the side vs rear focus? If not, the rear seems to be the way to go - the extra $$ can purchase a bipod. Big Smile

I've never used the side focus SS. How about it, Wes?? Any difference?  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic