OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Binoculars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

leupold golden ring 10x42

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ismateleno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: leupold golden ring 10x42
    Posted: December/08/2008 at 12:40
I am Spanish and I am ISMAEL I apologize for my errores.quiero buy a prismatic leupold and agrdeceria you will say to me his opinion, also saying that its price here is like Zeiss or swarovski thank you very much
Bird Watcher View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bird Watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/08/2008 at 15:53
Are you living in Spain?

Here in the U.S.A. the Leupold Golden Ring HD binoculars cost less than $1,000.

The Zeiss and Swarovski can cost around $2,000 depending on which models you are looking at.

I have no opinion about the Leupold Golden Ring as I have never owned any.
lucznik View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucznik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/08/2008 at 17:56

Ismael,

Los Leupold Golden Ring son gemelos muy buenos.  Yo dudo que alguien pueda ver una diferencia aun poca significativa entre ellos y los de Zeiss o Swarovski a menos que tenga mucha experiencia comparando con gemelos.

Como escribió Bird Watcher; aquí en los EUA, los gemelos de Leupold GR cuestan menos que $1000 USD mientras los Zeisses y los Swarovkis peudan costar a veces más que $2000 USD. 

Entonces, yo juzgo que los Zeisses y los Swarovskis (y también los Leicas) no valen la pena.

Edited by lucznik - December/08/2008 at 17:59
What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/08/2008 at 18:12
Spanish to English translation attempt...Embarrased

Ismael,

The Leupold Golden Ring twins are very good. I doubt that anyone might even see a little significant difference between them and those of Zeiss or Swarovski unless you have a lot of experience compared with twins.

As he wrote Bird Watcher; here in the USA, the twins of Leupold GR cost less than $ 1000 USD while the Zeiss and often Swarovkis peudan cost more than $ 2000 USD.

So, I judge that Zeiss and Swarovskis (and also the Leica) not worth it.
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
lucznik View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucznik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/08/2008 at 22:00

Originally posted by mike650 mike650 wrote:

Spanish to English translation attempt...Embarrased
Close, but not quite.  You have to remember that translation is not a literal word-for-word exercise.  Here are some corrections

Originally posted by mike650 mike650 wrote:

Ismael,

The Leupold Golden Ring binoculars are very good.
Twins is a technically correct word choice though, not correct for the context.  Gemelos is used for binoculars because it has "twin" optical barrels. If I had wanted to be entirely, completely, and anally correct, I probably should have typed gemelos prismaticos.  But, who wants to type that much?

I doubt that anyone would  see even a slightly significant difference between them and those of Zeiss or Swarovski unless he (or she) has  a lot of experience comparing binoculars.

As Bird Watcher wrote; here in the USA, the Leupold GR binoculars cost less than $1000 USD while the Zeisses and  Swarovkis can cost more than $ 2000 USD.

So, I judge that Zeisses and Swarovskis (and also the Leicas) are not worth the cost.

You did a pretty good job.  You just have to remember that "translation" is more an excercise in "interpretation of meaning" than it is a literal word-for-word transfer.

Edited by lucznik - December/08/2008 at 22:03
What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/08/2008 at 22:44
Thanks Lucznik!!  Smile
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
ismateleno View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ismateleno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2008 at 02:37
agradecco all its cosejos the issue here is that prices are in Spain
swarovski 10x42EL = 1800 euros
Zeiss Victory 10x42FL = 1620 euros
leupold GR 10X82HD = 1575euros
deserves to buy leupold grcias and cordial greetings
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic