OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Hunting, Fishing & General Outdoors > General Hunting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Rifledude??????

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rifledude??????
    Posted: December/06/2008 at 14:00
I know you've been hunting, I can't find my pickle bucket. Stay away from the Mexican food and post up some pics brother.
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2008 at 14:19
I think RD's having withdrawal issues!
God save the Empire!
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/08/2008 at 18:40
Haven't shot a deer yet, though I've been hunting my butt off every weekend and some vacation days around Thanksgiving.  I've seen a decent amount of deer, just nothing I wanted to take.  I do have some scenery pics from my CO hunt and a pic of a couple hogs I killed.  Will that do?
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2008 at 07:36
Absolutely!  Love the scenery pics too.
God save the Empire!
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2008 at 10:56
Post anything you've got brother. This is your thread, and your chance to shine. Make sure to include a face pic too WILSON..........Wink

Cyborg
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2008 at 12:31
Originally posted by cyborg cyborg wrote:

Post anything you've got brother. This is your thread, and your chance to shine. Make sure to include a face pic too WILSON..........Wink
face pic? are you serious billy, the day i post that i bought a brand spanking shiny new .270win is still not going to be the day that ted post his mug on the ot, chris would have a hay day with that, im surprised chris didnt stoop to a "secret camera" just for ot purposes when ted was at swfa!
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2008 at 16:52
Hunter... respectfully... SHUT UP!!!!

Billy, I'll post some pics before the week is out, when I feel motivated enough to download them off my camera.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2008 at 16:54
Originally posted by RifleDude RifleDude wrote:

Hunter... respectfully... SHUT UP!!!!

Billy, I'll post some pics before the week is out, when I feel motivated enough to download them off my camera.

wow everybody hates me today great!Shoot Self
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2008 at 17:03
Is any of them worth taking some uh extra time uh looking, yeah that's it looking at?

Cyborg
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2008 at 23:25

Haven't shot a deer yet, though I've been hunting my butt off every weekend and some vacation days around Thanksgiving.  I've seen a decent amount of deer, just nothing I wanted to take.  I do have some scenery pics from my CO hunt and a pic of a couple hogs I killed.  Will that do?

Thunbs Up
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2008 at 23:36

I've passed on 10 deer and two foxes so far.  Pictures of anything would be good.  Even a deer in the back end of a pickup...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2008 at 23:47
Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

I've passed on 10 deer and two foxes so far.  Pictures of anything would be good.  Even a deer in the back end of a pickup...

Whistling
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2008 at 23:51
I think it's great you guys are profiling instead of just blasting away; we try to do the same here. Thunbs Up
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2008 at 18:09
I would have posted pics yesterday, but by the time my lovely bride relinquished the 'puter, I had already started snoozing in the recliner and was done for the day.  I'll try to post something by the end of the week.
Ted

RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/18/2008 at 12:57
I still haven't forgotten about this, Billy.  Truthfully, I have no excuse other than the fact I'm tired when I get home and I've been too lazy to download some pics. 

In the meantime, I've been noticing some melanistic (white-colored) turkeys among our local flock at my hunting lease.  So far, these white turkeys have all been hens.  Here is a pic of one taken while deer hunting from one of my elevated blinds.  Sorry for the poor quality of the pic; it was taken with a cell phone through my scope.  These turkeys aren't totally white as you can barely tell from the pic; they have some brown and copper coloration in some of the feathers, and have some of the same markings in the feathers as any other wild turkey.  These are Eastern turkeys (not Rio Grande, as is most commonly found in TX).  Is this coloration very common among Easterns?  I've never seen this in Rio Grande turkeys before.  I've seen a couple of these white turkeys on 3 or 4 occasions over the past 4 years, so sightings have been relatively rare.  Has anyone else seen this?

Ted

Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/18/2008 at 13:12
Pretty good picture Ted.  Have never seen a white one before.
God save the Empire!
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/18/2008 at 13:14
Nice pic ted.
P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/18/2008 at 13:19
is the use of the shower style glass on purpose or was it cheap??
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/18/2008 at 13:34
That's not shower style glass on the blind window.  It was a wet morning, and what you're seeing is condensation on the glass. 
Actually, I can't take credit for the pic.  A hunting buddy of mine on my deer lease was working on his camper's plumbing at the campsite, not planning to stay and hunt that day.  As such, he didn't bring his rifle with him.  Since he had gotten sweaty from working and didn't have his camo hunting clothes to change into, I loaned him my rifle and encouraged him to hunt in this blind, which does a good job of trapping your scent and totally conceals you, making camo a non-issue.  He took the pic with his I-Phone.
Ted

Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/18/2008 at 13:37
In that case good plagiarism Ted!

Edited by Dogger - December/18/2008 at 13:38
God save the Empire!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic