OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Information needed for Kahles ZF95

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote delta1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Information needed for Kahles ZF95
    Posted: December/06/2008 at 11:38
I need information on a reticle in a Kahles ZF95- 10x42 scope. The scope has hash marks on the vertical crosshair fromm 100-1000 yds or meters. The 100-400 hash marks are above the horizontal cross hair the 500 hash is on the horizontal cross hair with 600-1000 below on the vertical hair. There are 2 curving lines one on each side of the vertical cross hair running from1000 at the narrowest and up to 100 at the widest.
Any information on how this ranging system works and it's proper name would be appreciated.
Some days it just ain;t worth chewing through the straps
Sako Hunter View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sako Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/12/2008 at 03:25
Howdy Delta1,

I am a current ZF95 user and previously the ZF69.Big Smile

If you are talking about the 104 reticule which is standard on the 10x42 all
measurements are in metres. Windage is 1cm/.36" and standard parallax is
set a 300m

The distance between the solid base line on the ranging reticule and numbers 10 through 2 corresponds to 1m or 1.09y at that distance

Feel free to PM me your email address and I will pass on soft copies of the

ZF95 product info that I have found to date.

Regards,

SH

delta1 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote delta1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/12/2008 at 09:02
Sako Hunter:
    The reticle is neither the 104 or the 103.This one looks like a choke type reticle. I am thinking it measures width and not height. If you have information on this type of reticle i would appreciate it.
   I have cotacted both Kahles and Swarovski with noe answer back in nearly a week.
Regards Delta1
9x39 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9x39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/12/2008 at 13:40
Hallo delta1!
What kind of reticle with "2 curving lines" do you mean? It looks like PSO-1 reticle? I know №№103, 104, 110 (MilDot), 4 and 6F (Duplex) reticles for this scope. As for ranging Sako Hunter is right.
P.S. can you show you reticle with 2 curving lines?
delta1 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote delta1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/12/2008 at 14:52
If you log onto  canadiangunnutz,com and scroll into optics you will find it in the kahles zf95 posting. I had someone i know post a picture of the reticle.
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/12/2008 at 18:57
WARNING link above leads to a VIRUS Stay away. Located with FIREFOX.

Edited by 3_tens - December/12/2008 at 18:58
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/12/2008 at 19:07
Dead
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
delta1 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote delta1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/12/2008 at 19:21
I have been a member on the CGN site for many years first virus i have ever heard of. This is a very large gun site with a few thousand members.
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sako Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/12/2008 at 21:03
Originally posted by delta1 delta1 wrote:

If you log onto  canadiangunnutz,com and scroll into optics you will find it in the kahles zf95 posting. I had someone i know post a picture of the reticle.

Hi Delta1,

I had a look at the image and looks like a reticule on a scope offered to me a few months ago. It was called a #22 reticule. That particular scope was described as a ZF95 in 6x42, however, had no markings like my current (and previous) ZF's. As it turns out it was made by another manufacturer in Germany (Photo&^%$@) something. I sounded interesting and at the time I did some digging around to find that internally it is quite a different unit to the ZF95.

What markings are on your unit?

I would appreciate any more info on it?

Regards,

SH

delta1 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote delta1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/13/2008 at 20:13
Mine has the Kahles with Wien below it's their logo. below that ZF 95 and below that 10x42  all on the top of the eyepiece. On the side of the eyepiece is made in Austria and the serial #.
Sme markings as a friends ZF 95 with he 104 reticle.
Regards delta1
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sako Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/14/2008 at 17:31

Interesting, sounds good.

Have you seen any more available, cost, etc?

PM details would be appreciated.

Regards,

SH

mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/14/2008 at 17:47
Kahles ZF95 with #104 reticle

Edited by mike650 - December/14/2008 at 17:52
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
delta1 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote delta1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/14/2008 at 18:58
The 104 measures height. This scope measures width hence the two curving stadia, one on each side of the vertical crosshair. wider at the top narrow at the bottom. Equal distances above and below the horizontal crosshair.
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/14/2008 at 19:05

The 104 measures height. This scope measures width hence the two curving stadia, one on each side of the vertical crosshair. wider at the top narrow at the bottom. Equal distances above and below the horizontal crosshair.

Hmmm, darn google, that's what it came back as!!  Embarrased

Try this....

http://www.kahles.at/dateien/text/Anleitungen/ZF%2095_e.pdf

Big Grin
delta1 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote delta1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/14/2008 at 19:26

Mike:

I have been on the Kahles site also. my reticle is not shown. I have sent off emails to both Kahles and Swarovski, nothing back as of yet.
regards tim
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/14/2008 at 19:34

Mike:

I have been on the Kahles site also. my reticle is not shown. I have sent off emails to both Kahles and Swarovski, nothing back as of yet.
regards tim

Call SONA (Swaro) and ask for either Ester or Mike, they may be able to help. If you call the (800) Kahles NA number you may get a vm box in Austria with a greeting that is not English or French Canadian. Wink I've been told by SONA that if you try to contact Kahles via email or direct to please give them time to respond; things appear a little shaky there as of late.

Good luck and please keep us posted!!!

Edited by mike650 - December/14/2008 at 19:40
delta1 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote delta1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/14/2008 at 19:56
I am unsure as to whom i talked to at swarovski,  the young lady said that Kahles was not connected to Swarovski. I was under the impression they where joined at the hip.
hdmyg8586 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hdmyg8586 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/14/2008 at 20:00
Has anyone bought this type of sling shot before that holds the amo in the handle? http://www.liangdianup.com/sporting_1.htm
this company has free shipping to anywhere in the world and they guarantee delivery to Australia. I heard that sling shots
are ok to sell in Australia as long as you say they are being used to toss bait in the water when you go fishing, any truth
to thatone?

mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/14/2008 at 20:06

I am unsure as to whom i talked to at swarovski,  the young lady said that Kahles was not connected to Swarovski. I was under the impression they where joined at the hip.

From what I understand, their not, at least here in the states. SONA feels an obligation from prior affiliation with Kahles and Legacy Sports to assist. That's one of the many things I like about the Swaro CS. Thunbs Up
delta1 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote delta1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/14/2008 at 20:22
That is a nice thing to know. I will put that to use on my next scope aquisition.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic