OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

New Conquest observations

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jetwrnch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Conquest observations
    Posted: December/06/2008 at 09:08
I'm sure this has all been mentioned before but... I took the liberty of checking out the soon to be returned/exchanged 2.5-8x33 Conquest. One thing that stood out is the really small eye box as compared to my soon to be repaired Elite 4200 3-9x40. The Zeiss seemed much more critical. Edge to edge clarity was much better with the Conquest though. The etched reticle was much easier to see in low light against foliage. The best overall of the scopes I compared was the now discontinued Elite 4200 1.75-6x36 with the firefly reticle. The thickness of the crosshairs made up for the etched part and the eye box was superb. I never bother to charge the firefly because it usually just blinds me. I'm sure they had a really good reason to ditch this scope but I sure don't see it.
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2008 at 10:01
I think the new conquest (rapid z reticles) are quite a bit better than older ones. I ripped thru an older one with about 800 rds in a semi, so far the new one has gone well of 1000. edge to edge definition and clarity had the old one beat easily. (4.5x14x50s). also clicks were cleaner and held better, not bad for a non-tactical type scope.
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2008 at 10:16
(......after Dale gets through testing all this stuff, we know what will hold up to shooting and recoil and all that.  And then he tells us why it was so good so that we know what to say if anyone asks us what kinda scope is that on your rifle. )      Thunbs Up  
trigger29 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
X = 180 Y = 90 (X+Pyro)+(Y-Pyro) = ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2008 at 12:08
Originally posted by Dale Clifford Dale Clifford wrote:

I think the new conquest (rapid z reticles) are quite a bit better than older ones. I ripped thru an older one with about 800 rds in a semi, so far the new one has gone well of 1000. edge to edge definition and clarity had the old one beat easily. (4.5x14x50s). also clicks were cleaner and held better, not bad for a non-tactical type scope.

Have you done any dialing of range with that conquest Dale? I was wondering how they fare for accuracy and repeatability. I usually use the reticle, but might start dialing some at the bench.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2008 at 15:55
yes have used dial in on the conquest, but---- the markings don't go around the turret and the turrets are plastic, fortunately the necessary corrections are only around 2 moa. you have to run out of marker, lift up reset and start, or just count clicks ,  of course one could get the target turrets and miss this adventure-- but the covered hunters are a bit difficult. set yard or something at 100 yds and measure the the distance on your reticle, this will give you the min. of angle adjusted for when you change the power setting according to the zeiss website, then using  ballistic program and knowing the load your using. you will know how many "correction" clicks to give at each hold on with the bars. however this entire subject is way over played. That is to say everyone is making too big of a deal about the bars coming out exactly on whole value ranges,  very seldom will game or the shot be at exactly 300 yds, 500 yds etc.
PFelipe23 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PFelipe23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2008 at 18:27

I need help. I need to learn the general fomulas, the pratice use of mil readind, find the distance... HELP ME!!!!!

Send emails to me with the answer...

by PFelipe23
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2008 at 18:34
Originally posted by PFelipe23 PFelipe23 wrote:

I need help. I need to learn the general fomulas, the pratice use of mil readind, find the distance... HELP ME!!!!!

Why not just check YOUR website for that info?
HuntMaster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/07/2008 at 08:10
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

Originally posted by PFelipe23 PFelipe23 wrote:

Why not just check YOUR website for that info?

+????????????????????????

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/07/2008 at 08:22
This is from a link from the "PFelipe23" profile page.

Not sure what's up with this guy. But if he's a spammer, his stay here will be very short.

HuntMaster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/07/2008 at 10:02
Agreed.
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/07/2008 at 10:18

Stare

( I don't get it.............)
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/07/2008 at 10:22
the poster is fishing for suckers Ed.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/07/2008 at 10:33

zap him ct!!

They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/07/2008 at 14:49
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

zap him ct!!

Felipe, you did say you were needing some instruction on Mil Dots, right?   Sharp ShooterWink
Mojo View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman
All Mojo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/07/2008 at 16:59
Excellent            
Mojo
MOJO
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/07/2008 at 17:06
CT  Oh Yea Baby

“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
bricat View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bricat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/07/2008 at 17:09
Baseball Bat
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic