OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

YES! HORNADY AMMO IN AFRICA NOW!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Master Extraordinaire
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: YES! HORNADY AMMO IN AFRICA NOW!
    Posted: December/02/2008 at 12:32
It`s amazing what a little research can do!!

For my own curiosity, I called Hornady this morning and was referred to a Lori Parachini at ext. 201 in their sales dept. I asked her if Hornady has had or is working on a marketing program to distribute Hornady factory ammo to So. Africa. The answer? YES! Just like I had thought!!

Like anything else for foreign distribution, the necessary permits must be obtained from the various provincal governments in So. Africa as well as the necessary permits which are needed here in the states for any worldwide distribution to Africa or elsewhere.

Hornady has been working on this for quite sometime now and I am happy to report that not only have they acquired some of the necessary permits and approval, but Ruger factory ammo, INCLUDING the 375 Ruger, is now available in certain areas (not all), but in certain areas of So. Africa. Right now, Hornady is working and waiting on more approvals for further distribution increases.

There are certain distributors or consignees in So. Africa right now, who order as needed, the already approved for distribution factory ammo from Hornady. The 375 Ruger factory ammo has already been approved for distribution along with other Hornady factory cartridges in the Nitro series. The popularity of the 375 Ruger is now growing rapidly in So Africa and in fact,,world wide.   

I stated on the other thread started by Sam C "rebarreling his M/70" not to under-estimate the speed of the Hornady/Ruger world-wide marketing machine and what they have already accomplished and will continue to accomplish. In the not too distant future, you will see worldwide availability for Hornady factory ammo, INCLUDING??? YEP! Give ya one good guess which cartridge!!........Roll on Floor Laughing

Todays marketing and advertising is far different than back in the `ol days beginning in 1912 when the 375 H&H was first introduced. It is certainly faster, much more modern and hi-tech.

The new 416 Ruger is also on their list for future approval. I certainly wouldn`t bet against that happening either!

By comparison, the 375 Ruger in only two years of existence since its intro, has made more headway in name recognition and in popularity, than did the 375 H&H after it was introduced back in 1912. Modern day advertising and marketing by Hornady and Ruger have made it possible.

You potential 375 Ruger owners who worry about ammo availability???.........Roll on Floor Laughing

O ye of little faith!!!.....................WinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWink

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/02/2008 at 12:36
hate to piss on your parade but the h&h did it before tv and the internet exsisted thats impressive to me, it didnt have two big company's money behind it either. money can buy anything apparently, including popularity.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Big Squeeze View Drop Down
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/02/2008 at 12:47
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

hate to piss on your parade but the h&h did it before tv and the internet exsisted thats impressive to me, it didnt have two big company's money behind it either. money can buy anything apparently, including popularity.
.............Ya know what Pyro??.... You`re a real,,, ClownClownClownClown!!!!!!!!!!.......IF Holland & Holland back in 1912 had the same TV, internet, money and so on,,YOU CAN BET, THAT THEY AS WELL,,, WOULD HAVE done the same damn things that Hornady and Ruger are doing today!!!

In today`s world, money does buy advertising, marketing AND POPULARITY!!! Welcome to capitalism in the 21st century or what`s left of it!!!......DAAAAAAA! LocoLocoLocoLocoLocoLoco

You are a real piece of work!!!!WhackoWhackoWhackoWhackoWhackoWhackoWhacko
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/02/2008 at 12:52
thats the whole point! which is why its not really anything to be proud of, yeah its cool that they have ammo in africa but to say its surpased the popularity in 2 years isnt comparing apples to apples. i think somebody has temper issues?? you need to chill.

Edited by pyro6999 - December/02/2008 at 12:54
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/02/2008 at 13:28

thats the whole point! which is why its not really anything to be proud of, yeah its cool that they have ammo in africa but to say its surpased the popularity in 2 years isnt comparing apples to apples. i think somebody has temper issues?? you need to chill.
................I didn`t say,,,,that it has surpassed in popularity the H&H in two years. I SAID, that during the last two years, BY COMPARISON, it has grown faster than the H&H did back in the day!!!...Read it correctly!

I do some research and some homework then offer it to this forum and all you can do is come up with your whacky crapola, just like on the other thread. 

Tell ya what!.........You call up or write detailed letters to Hornady and Ruger,,, AND have a BMW (BITCH, MOAN, and WHINE) session with them!!!Argue .....YOU can explain to them how you truly feel. That they as you state, shouldn`t be proud of what they have recently accomplished and that they have been grossly unfair in growing their products via modern day marketing and advertising venues at such an alarming rate and YOU FEEL, that is infringing on the precious and classic tradition of the 375 H&H cartridge!! Really Sad

With you, I have no temper issues, just sensability and common sense issues, which in either case, you seem to lack!

Here we go again!!.............Pyro!Mean Computer Squeezer!............................Laugh
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/02/2008 at 13:33
hmm crapola good word use! i have no issue with ruger i have no issue with hornady, i own a few rugers and i like them. i have plenty of common sense, i have been reloading for twenty years now and i still can hear out of both ears see out of both eyes and still manage to possess all twenty of my fingers and toes and no exploded rifles to boot, so no i dont have an ounce of common sense. your right as usual how dare i speak freely in america. your so one sided in your views that you dont know which way is up, other people have a right to an opinion without you jumping all over them that the problem i have, im trying to treat you the way you treat others it isnt very nice and it makes you mad doesnt it? all i am trying to do is level the playing field here, im not here for arguements sake or for my health, im here cause i like it, its a good place for me to converse with fellow gun owners and to try and not only share my own ideas and info but to learn stuff from others its also a hell of a nice place to just walk away from everything in my small world for a while also.no more pissing contests for me, i enjoy it here and i dont want that to change.

Edited by pyro6999 - December/02/2008 at 13:59
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/02/2008 at 13:34
Get Your Popcorn Ready
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/02/2008 at 14:01

hmm crapola good word use! i have no issue with ruger i have no issue with hornady, i own a few rugers and i like them. i have plenty of common sense, i have been reloading for twenty years now and i still can hear out of both ears see out of both eyes and still manage to possess all twenty of my fingers and toes and no exploded rifles to boot, so no i dont have an ounce of common sense. your right as usual how dare i speak freely in america. your so one sided in your views that you dont know which way is up, other people have a right to an opinion without you jumping all over them that the problem i have, im trying to treat you the way you treat others it isnt very nice and it makes you mad doesnt it?
.............This has nothing do with your right to speak freely in America OR express any of your opinions. You can type whatever you choose!

However! I also have the right to disagree with your opinions and have the right to challenge you and express mine! As such, you think I`m jumping all over you, which in your mind is a problem. You are confusing my right to challenge with the your right to express freely what you wish! When I do challenge you, it then becomes in your mind, "how dare I speak freely in America."

As on the other thread, I have asked you to offer some evidence to support the very opinions that you certainly have the right to express. You say that you don`t need to prove or produce anything! OK fine! You don`t!

Nevertheless, regardless of your right to express, I have the right to challenge by asking questions and making statements, as well as question your thinking, as you have the right to do with me.

Glad to read you still have all of your fingers and toes!Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/02/2008 at 14:07
i think its fantastic that your excited about the new rugers, we need more people like that, not necessarily about rugers but guns in general. but at what point do you draw the line and say im not a fanatic, im a radical? that where im going with you. you seem a little over the top for me which does bug me a little, maybe i should insert foot and let you go.
im not  here to prove anything to anybody, like i said im here to install more thoughts and options to anybody who wants to know, level the playing field thats why im here.
the main thing is this, im a bull your a bull time to time we will but heads, fine im cool with it if you are.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/02/2008 at 15:09

i think its fantastic that your excited about the new rugers, we need more people like that, not necessarily about rugers but guns in general. but at what point do you draw the line and say im not a fanatic, im a radical? that where im going with you. you seem a little over the top for me which does bug me a little, maybe i should insert foot and let you go.
im not  here to prove anything to anybody, like i said im here to install more thoughts and options to anybody who wants to know, level the playing field thats why im here.
the main thing is this, im a bull your a bull time to time we will but heads, fine im cool with it if you are.
.................Look Pyro! This has nothing to do with me as much! It`s what Hornady and Ruger are doing. I`m simply conveying, just like on this thread with what I learned this morning and from what I was told by my dealer on the other thread. That`s all! Call it what you may, heresay, a lie or whatever as you have the right to do.

If it bugs you, that I seem like a radical and that I`m going over the top, well,, that is an issue that you are going to have to deal with. I simply cannot control the way you or anyone else may interpret things.

We all have our individual biases towards what we like and dislike! I`m not going to deny my favortism and why towards the 375 Ruger and the rifles chambered for it, nor withdraw from it in lieu of being portayed as radical or what others may think. I`m not here to sell 375 Rugers. I get nothing!! But when discussions are raised and brought out about things that I know to be true based on what I`ve read and who I talked with, and willing to share and show evidence as such and do, it seems that you think I`m either full of it, or just blowin smoke, or it`s here-say, or whatever the case may be.

Well, you`re certainly entitled to think anyway you choose, right, wrong or in-different.  Right or wrong, things are happening that neither you or I, have absolutely no control over.

The fate of the 375 Ruger rests with Hornady and Ruger, the sales and in their advertising and marketing venues worldwide. Certainly not with me or you!

However, if I were a betting man? I wouldn`t bet anything against either Hornady or Ruger! In fact, I`d bet on them, for them and give great odds in the process.   

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/02/2008 at 15:15
well i feel better now
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/02/2008 at 18:02
Good!!!................Ready for round two???Stiring The Pot................Roll on Floor Laughing
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/02/2008 at 18:05
no thanks you can play with yourself from now on
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/02/2008 at 18:08

no thanks you can play with yourself from now on
...............Ah shucks!............Really Sad
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/02/2008 at 18:11
you may enjoy it, some piece and quiet for you for once, and think about nobody will ever argue with you either!
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/02/2008 at 18:15

you may enjoy it, some piece and quiet for you for once, and think about nobody will ever argue with you either!
...............Does this mean you don`t like me anymore?........Sad
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/02/2008 at 18:15
didnt say that squeezer im just not going to argue with you thats all.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/02/2008 at 18:20

didnt say that squeezer im just not going to argue with you thats all.
..................Oh!....OK!...............Happy Holidays then!!...........Merry Christmas
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/02/2008 at 18:21
hog sounds good, and i dont much like pork, other than bacon ah yes bacon and beer
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/02/2008 at 19:15
I think Hornady did good with the 17 HMR...  

Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic