OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Pentax Gameseeker 4x16x50

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donaldkallen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pentax Gameseeker 4x16x50
    Posted: November/22/2008 at 18:58
Anyone had any experience with one of these, reviews said had 95% Light Transmission.
Turn Adversity into Advantage
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/22/2008 at 20:18
Pentax has been in the camera lens business for a long time they know glass, however they were never top of the line. Nikon glass would be better and not much more cost.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/23/2008 at 06:43
The Gameseekers are also made in China.  ( of course LOTS of folks are now sneaking out with certain lines of scope models that are suddenly being produced in China instead of where they used to be made.....it's kinda like "stealth manufacturing "...) 

Pentax is supposed to be a decent scope because Burris was making them for Pentax but now Pentax [ actually Beretta ] is now importing this new line of scopes with the Pentax name on it.  I guess they are supposed to be OK for the money.....but remember, we are talking the bottom of the food chain here..........Smoking Bandit 
sholling View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sholling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/23/2008 at 13:01
I have one that I bought used. It's a decent Chinese non-AO scope for the price I guess.  
NRA, SAF, & CRPA life member
Member Madison Society & Revolutionary War Veteran Association (Project Appleseed)

Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill. ;)
RonDodson View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RonDodson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/23/2008 at 16:11
I bought one a few years ago. I don't think much of it.. It has ballistic plex. I have trouble focusing the crosshairs. Its fairly clear optics, but I will never buy another. It was just over $100.
R.D.
Hookset View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hookset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/2008 at 00:19
My son had 2 of them and both had problems.  Go with a Nikon ProStaff IMHO.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic