OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Barska ???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReyRey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Barska ???
    Posted: November/22/2008 at 04:52
o.k...o.k... before you set me on fire , I HAVE READ PLEANTY OF TERRIBLE REVIEWS... but i got one on ebay for 70 bucks... NOW... i already have a Nikon Prostaff 3-9X40, but i went ahead and got a Barska 6 - 24X42... don't ask me why, im still trying to figure it out....

my question is.. and please don't crucify me.... but are they any good at all ? i mean come on... seriously... are they that bad ? i'm already thinking bout mounting my nikon ... but i got a .300wm. and wasn't too convinced with 9X. so i got a cheap scope wit high magnification.... r they that bad ?
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/22/2008 at 05:01
Originally posted by ReyRey ReyRey wrote:

so i got a cheap scope with high magnification.... r they that bad ?

And thats about all you got, my friend. Those two characteristics make for bad optical performance generally. 

Welcome to Optics Talk.
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/22/2008 at 05:14
Come on CT, don't be so hard on the man.  I bet he's got a heck of a HAMMER!!!!
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
ReyRey View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReyRey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/22/2008 at 05:16
thanks for the welcome =)... see i figured i could do what i've always done.. get something cheap, and take enough care of it, baby it, clean it n such and keep it working... i mean.. if i really wanted to, i could have set my paws on a Leupold mark 4. we have 2 mounted on some m 14's where i work, and i like em... but i went the cheap  but ' oh well..its under a hundred bucks... maybe it'll work ' route... lol. least i got the Nikon sittin in my locker... or else id be pissed off if the Barska totally sucks.... and b.t.w... what are you doing up this late anyways ?..lol
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/22/2008 at 05:18
I'm at work!!!
ReyRey View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReyRey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/22/2008 at 05:21
if it really sucks so bad i'll just put on the Nikon, tape the barska to a tree, and show it what a good scope can do =)...lol.. but im still in cali right now... won't be home til Dec 20... so it'll take me that long to figure out how it is... and i got a CCCCCCHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPP  Barska spotting scope, but if i sit on the waterline, i can see clear across coronado bay in daylight... i like quality, but me be in a bit of a tight spot with flight prices , and ammo stocking... so i went cheap on optics... AND I'LL PROBABLLY GET A HIT PUT OUT ON ME ON THIS FORUM FOR DOING THAT.. but at least im not in denial... i'm just optomistic...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/22/2008 at 05:21

some m 14's where i work

and b.t.w... what are you doing up this late anyways ?..lol

YOU HAVE M-14's WHERE YOU WORK?!?!?!?! Smile
Are ya'll taking applications there and will you put in a good word for me?!?!??  Bucky

Quit sleeping. Damn clowns kept trying to eat me. Clown
ReyRey View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReyRey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/22/2008 at 05:22
i dunno where you're at or what time it is... but im sittin at my girls house, watching the military channel with her passed out on the couch, and holding my Barska , asking it ' why do you suck so bad".. if i ask it enough, i may get a reply =)...
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/22/2008 at 05:23
CT, I've been coronado, thats were I went to engagement weapons school.
ReyRey View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReyRey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/22/2008 at 05:25
freakin clowns...lol... use the cheez whiz... it is a great clown repellant.. and if that doesnt work, use the blow dryer... but ONLY  if its a life threatening situation... don't wanna end up in a lawsuit...
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/22/2008 at 05:26
Rey Rey, What side of the bay are you?
ReyRey View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReyRey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/22/2008 at 05:26
so scale of 1 - 10... honestly.. what do you give a Barska 6-24X42 ???
ReyRey View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReyRey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/22/2008 at 05:27

i'm on the side without the bums =)

Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/22/2008 at 05:28
LOL
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/22/2008 at 05:30
Gotta get back to work, later all!!! 
ReyRey View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReyRey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/22/2008 at 05:30
cause i mean seriously... i'm already going home with the perspective of ' damn i just wasted 80 bucks...'  reality of it is i jumped on the prostaff, but got a little hungry when i realized that maybe a 9X is a bit weak for a rifle that can go as far as a .300wm. i'm just trying to see something i wanna shoot that may be a lil too small to see through the Nikon...
ReyRey View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReyRey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/22/2008 at 05:31
have fun at work... CT must still be fighting off the clowns... hope the cheez whiz worked for him...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/22/2008 at 05:31

i dunno where you're at or what time it is... but im sittin at my girls house, watching the military channel with her passed out on the couch, and holding my Barska , asking it ' why do you suck so bad".. if i ask it enough, i may get a reply =)...

Probably only speaks Chinese any way, Bro.

Hell, ring it up and try that scope out. You've already "consumated" the purchase, might as well develop your own opinion.

Barksa sent me a Ridgeline 3-9x to review a few years ago, along with a horrible Black Hawk?? spotting scope.
The glass was pretty crappy, but that scope did track pretty well and was fairly well built. The scope DID NOT pass the bubble test in my bath tub though. 

The forum potty mouth filter won't allow me to elaborate much on what I thought of the spotter. Big Smile  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/22/2008 at 05:32
Originally posted by Steelbenz Steelbenz wrote:

Gotta get back to work, later all!!! 

Slacker!!!  Indiana Jones
ReyRey View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReyRey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/22/2008 at 05:38
ha ha... see i don't think i'd really do the bubble test unless i was beung a scope my life would depend on in the field... till then, i'm just a recreational shooter... b.t.w..i'm from Miami, and one of the guys that works in the armory with me is a Buckeyes fan... ha ha
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic