OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

remington scopes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jkll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: remington scopes
    Posted: November/19/2008 at 20:20
Who makes the REMINGTON branded scopes found on the REM package rifles?
swtucker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swtucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/19/2008 at 20:49

I don't know the answer to your question.  But it seems like a 'deal' you may want to stay away from.  If you like the rifle, buy it and then get a scope that you like (and can afford).

I've seen several 'package' deals that sell you a gun and a scope...this is how I would rate the scope: If you were to travel to another country and they offered a sandwich with 'meat' and fries...would you eat it?  Is it beef? chicken? pork? horse? cat?

My point is, if they aren't proud enough to say "Remington Model 700 with a _______ scope.  You probably don't want the scope.
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/19/2008 at 20:52
http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/centerfire_rifles/model_770.asp
The B on the side stands for Bushnell  probably this one
713948 Bushnell 3-9x40 Banner Dusk & Dawn Rifle Scope                                                                          Bushnell 3-9x40 Banner Dusk & Dawn Rifle Scope
  • Matte
  • Multi-X
  • 1"
  • Muzzleloaders and Centerfire Rifles Compatible
SWFA: $69.95
More Info... Buy Now

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
bricat View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bricat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/19/2008 at 21:25
OOOHH....YUCK! Had a buddy who bought one (against my advice not to) His 7mm mag had that reticle doing the two-step in less than a year.
donaldkallen View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donaldkallen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/19/2008 at 21:41
They were using Bushnell Sportsman.
Turn Adversity into Advantage
trigger29 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
X = 180 Y = 90 (X+Pyro)+(Y-Pyro) = ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/19/2008 at 21:44
My take on packages like that is they pick out a cheap scope, and give it to you to get you to buy a rifle, and think you got a good deal. Save your money, and buy the rifle you want, and a decent scope. A pretty good scope can be had for fairly little money these days. Say $200

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic