OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Negitiative 1 for BURRIS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Firefighter509 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Negitiative 1 for BURRIS
    Posted: November/19/2008 at 14:29
VERY DISAPPOINTED IN BURRIS.

About a month and a half ago I purchased a Burris XTR 3x12 (the cool OD green one) a $1,200 rifle scope MSRP though I payed far less that that. When I received it in the mail NEW SEALED it has filings in the tube obstructing the redical and was missing the battery which should have been included in the box for the illuminated redical. I contacted burris and they said they would send me a call tag but I declined and payed for it my self as I wanted it there faster. I get the scope back three weeks later and the tube is scratched from them taking it apart, there is sealant on the side of the scope from where they sealed it up and the redical is ORANGE NOT RED. I called burris back talked to the manager of the repair shop who told me they should not have even messed with it where it was scratched; he told me he would send a call tag; I said I wanted it replaced as it was new when I sent it to them. I also layed into him suttely asking how the most expensive scope they sell could fall through the cracks of there supposedly amazing quality/Forever guarantee not only once but twice. He said the call tag would be in route and he would deal with it when It arrived. A week later today I have received nothing called them again and they said that they show no records of it and would send it out today. DI4

BTW one time when I called on a Friday I did not get put on hold all the way and I was able to hear there background conversation. Which was all about drinking / partying and buy the sounds of it had already begun. The lady I was talking to tried for like 5 min (while I was listening) to get someones attention in order to find out about the status of my repair but had to wait for them to stop screwing around. I laughed it off; but now I know I should have questioned them it right there and then.GI4

The reason I went with Burris was form what I read through reviews was there amazing quality, affordability and unconditional Lifetime guarantee. "forever guarantee". But now I feel they don't give a rats ass about there customers and all the hype was a bunch of BS.GI9

J
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/19/2008 at 15:51
Never call a business on a Friday or a Monday. Unless it's SWFA, unfortunately not every business is as professional as these guys are, which tends to spoil alot of us here. I would again try to make contact and list names of all you deal with there. Try speaking with a manager if possible. Hopefully all will be addressed to your satisfaction.

Welcome to Optics Talk.
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
Firefighter509 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Firefighter509 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/19/2008 at 17:42
Talked to a big manager named Lenard and he was about as helpful as the rest he said he would talk to Bob. he had no idea what was happening but really made no impression that he would help make it right.  When and if I get it back I will be going for a IOR scope. I am not dealing with Burris anymore. 
silver View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/19/2008 at 19:26
TWO things... You SHOULD have WAITED FOR THE CALL TAG!!!  That helps tracking stuff when it come into the door.  That stuff is often bar coded to make tracking extra easy.

You were most likely not even talking to Burris directly.  Often call center stuff is farmed out.  I'd call Beretta, since they own Burris and then vent from that angle. 

"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/19/2008 at 19:55
NOTE TO SELF:  Now that Beretta owns Burris and is cheapening up everything that Burris has tried to accomplish over the past thirty years---just BLOW OFF Burris!!!   Forget Burris!!!    Zeiss is in America now blowing away Leupold-----it's a No-Brainer.  
Firefighter509 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Firefighter509 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/19/2008 at 20:37
I guess your right, I talked strait to the shop, so they told me,  but like ED Connely said Blow off Burris. I am going IOR or if I can afford Zeiss I will go that rote.

I feel like all that time and money was wasted in buying this POS which has done nothing but cause problems,Taken up my time and taken away from my shooting.
swtucker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swtucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/19/2008 at 20:55
Originally posted by Ed Connelly Ed Connelly wrote:

NOTE TO SELF:  Now that Beretta owns Burris and is cheapening up everything that Burris has tried to accomplish over the past thirty years---just BLOW OFF Burris!!!   Forget Burris!!!    Zeiss is in America now blowing away Leupold-----it's a No-Brainer.  

And as a side note: I had a problem with one of my Zeiss scopes and they upgraded me to a better model (free of charge), and were very pleasant to deal with.  All I had to do was tell them how much I loved their scopes and I had a better model in my hands in less than 2 weeks.

P.S. Zeiss Conquest scopes start at about $450.
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/20/2008 at 08:35
Another quick note: IOR has some Customer Service issues as well.  There is no iron-clad deal or perfect CS department.
But I appreciate your story, I'll stay far away Burris for a long time to come.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2008 at 03:07
That is why certain scopes come with a Golden Ring - we all know a ring is a never ending circle of ....ra tah taahhh......Customer Service.

Sorry guys, had to do that!
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2008 at 08:06
8shot, you are correct: a major reason to buy the golden ring is the Customer Service.  Unfortunately, a major reason to buy the golden ring is not optical quality.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/24/2008 at 06:26
Originally posted by Rancid Coolaid Rancid Coolaid wrote:

8shot, you are correct: a major reason to buy the golden ring is the Customer Service.  Unfortunately, a major reason to buy the golden ring is not optical quality.

Ouch! that hurt.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic