OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

$7k for a rifle scope? Would you pay it?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrod014 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: $7k for a rifle scope? Would you pay it?
    Posted: November/18/2008 at 12:15
Hey everyone,

I just came across Countersniperusa.com and saw their line of scopes. They are charging up to $7k for a single scope.

Are you freakin kidding me? I don't know of any one but uncle sam who would pay that much for a scope? Their site states they have a Gov contract for SOC I guess, but who knows?

IMO some of their specs are the same as may other scope lines out there (even chinese manufactured scopes). I'm not disrespecting the company in any way, just an observation.

Has anyone tried these scopes? Would you every buy one?

Big Squeeze View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/18/2008 at 12:20
..................HELL NO!...................
noddah View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noddah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/18/2008 at 12:54
Cool name...  gots tobe the bomb...

If this scope was a day / night scope with FLIR built in with a dyno powered backup when batteries weren't available; then sure $7k would be a steal.  

Though seeing it is no more than a S&B or US Optics....  NO.
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/18/2008 at 13:13
Originally posted by jrod014 jrod014 wrote:

Hey everyone,

I just came across Countersniperusa.com and saw their line of scopes. They are charging up to $7k for a single scope.

Are you freakin kidding me? I don't know of any one but uncle sam who would pay that much for a scope? Their site states they have a Gov contract for SOC I guess, but who knows?

IMO some of their specs are the same as may other scope lines out there (even chinese manufactured scopes). I'm not disrespecting the company in any way, just an observation.

Has anyone tried these scopes? Would you every buy one?

It is OK to disrespect that particular company.  They are full of it.

ILya
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/18/2008 at 13:16
"RETICLE: Front FFP Engraved Glass MilCross/CQB" - compared to a rear FFP?

Many "contract over-runs", so you can get a contract (which contract) scope for $500 or pay $5,000 to get the same crappy optics but in a titanium tube?

I'll pass.

"
Long a primary Soviet nuclear impact target due to the creation of optical sighting systems for satellites, spy planes and now digital imaging devices, it is home to some of the premier optical creation, coating and imaging companies."

• Lenses of utterly flawless transmissivity, composited to aspheric lens elements to eliminate chromatic aberrations with apochromatic lenses with Extra Low Dispersion Glass.
  • Proprietary-230-+485°F degree stable pure optical glass
  • 24 step vacuum Bertrillium-Zantitium™ multicoating, raises the light transmission coefficients to beyond anything achieved to date.
    Massive 56mm primary objective lenses offer nearly triple the light transmission area of lesser designs.
    Vaporless, fogless, mirageless- unaffected by atmospheric ranges from below sea level to 5 miles above it.
    Revolutionary front and rear reticle focal plane design dramatically reduces parallax & provides an immovable reticle plane with variable power accuracy identical to fixed power designs.

They so amazingly little with so many words. They give no details, no NSN, no light transmission data, no specifics.

The site reads like an AirSoft product.

A quick online search shows these selling for $300+ around the WWW.

Avoid them like the plague, too many well-proven products out there to waste money on something billed to be much more than it really is.

Freedom is something you take.
    Respect is something you earn.
    Equality is something you whine about not being given.
    opticsmike View Drop Down
    Optics Apprentice
    Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opticsmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/18/2008 at 14:18
    There's a very long thread about this company somewhere already about this scam.
    Dogger View Drop Down
    Optics Jedi Master
    Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/18/2008 at 15:00
    This was the post:

Mind you any scope that is, "Impact resistance to more than 5000 times the force of gravity" would probably be worth $7000.

Edited by Dogger - November/18/2008 at 15:29
    God save the Empire!
    trigger29 View Drop Down
    X = 180 Y = 90 (X+Pyro)+(Y-Pyro) = ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/18/2008 at 15:53
    Originally posted by Dogger Dogger wrote:

This was the post:

Mind you any scope that is, "Impact resistance to more than 5000 times the force of gravity" would probably be worth $7000.

Seems to me that any scope with impact resistance to 5000 times the force of gravity would probably be too heavy to carry in the field. I rank these right up there with the scopes with "ruby coated optics". I'll pass. Too many good options out there to buy a scope being sold on a site that explains the qualities in jargon.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
    birddogbud View Drop Down
    Optics GrassHopper
    Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote birddogbud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/18/2008 at 16:57
    You better kill a lot of game and I mean alot to make 7K worth it. I can feed my family for a long time on 7K, buy a 100.00 scope and have fun, feeding your family.
    Average Joe View Drop Down
    Optics Master
    Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Average Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/18/2008 at 17:18
    Buy it and let us know how good it is
    I'm classic shag nasty type.
    Ed Connelly View Drop Down
    Optics Retard
    Optics Retard
    God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/18/2008 at 17:33
    RifleDude View Drop Down
    EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/18/2008 at 17:33
    Those Countersniper ads have to be full of more pure, unadulterated b.s. and made-up technical jargon than any ads I've ever seen.  Not only would I not pay $7K for ANY rifle scope, with the superb, reputable scopes available for, at most, half that price (S&B & USO), but certainly not from a no-name company nobody's heard of.  With ridiculous prices like that, combined with no reputation to back up their outrageous claims, I don't know where they think their customer base is coming from.  Are there that many wealthy idiots out there?
    Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
    cyborg View Drop Down
    Optics God
    Optics God
    Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/18/2008 at 17:38
    Look, I baked a batch of cookies and they are worth every penny of the million dollars that I'm asking for each. I really only need to sell one, but I baked a dozen. Just in case any one of you is interested. HEY ED!?!?!?!?!? Laugh
    With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
    jrod014 View Drop Down
    Optics GrassHopper
    Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrod014 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/18/2008 at 17:45
    Originally posted by RifleDude RifleDude wrote:

Are there that many wealthy idiots out there?

I wouldn't be suprised, I've met a few.

Dogger View Drop Down
    Optics Jedi Master
    Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/19/2008 at 07:04
    For those of us not fortunate enough to have viewed their site, here it is:

God save the Empire!
    8shots View Drop Down
    Optics Jedi Knight
    Optics Jedi Knight
    Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/19/2008 at 07:30
    Nice stuff. They certainly have a number of variable options in the tube, objective lens diameter and zoom available. There prices for the standard aluminium tube scopes also seem pretty reasonable.
    Palehorse View Drop Down
    Optics Apprentice
    Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Palehorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/19/2008 at 07:43

7K$, I won't pay that for an automobile, much less a gun anything.  A tractor maybe.

Steelbenz View Drop Down
    Optics Jedi Knight
    Optics Jedi Knight
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/19/2008 at 08:00
    Ah yes, P.T. Barnum Here!!!
    Just 7K for a scope like that.
    you to, can be the coolest guy on the range. Think about it, it would be a chick magnet.
    Hey, it could happen.
    Remember my old saying, "there's a sucker born every minute."

Roll on Floor Laughing 

"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
    8shots View Drop Down
    Optics Jedi Knight
    Optics Jedi Knight
    Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/19/2008 at 08:17
    Imagine if it came with a Golden Ring, it could then fetch at least $10K or more!!!Yippee
    Ed Connelly View Drop Down
    Optics Retard
    Optics Retard
    God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/19/2008 at 08:23
    "Chick Magnet................"Get Your Popcorn Ready
     Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
      Share Topic