OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Zeiss Knobs and Reticles???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkondeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zeiss Knobs and Reticles???
    Posted: November/17/2008 at 15:04
I have a Zeiss Conquest 6.5x20 w/ Target knobs I use on my Sako 7mm.  I have developed drop data and have a chart so I can make MOA adj and shoot dead on.  It works great.

I am thinking about building a much lighter rifle in a 25-06 and was deciding on glass.  I think this gun, once tuned will be good for up to 600 yards so I am debating on either the Z-600 reticle in a 3-9x40 Conquest to keep the weight manageable or was wondering if there are any options that would allow me to have resettable knobs for elev and windage in a lightweight model.  As far as I know Zeiss will not change the style of knobs, but I couldn't tell if the knobs on any of the lighter models are resettable to zero.

P.S.  As hard as I tried I could not find the spacing for the drop lines on the Z600 reticle.  Does anyone know what they are in inches at 100yds or in MOA?
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/17/2008 at 20:47
the spacing will vary with a sfp scope depending on the magnification. if you know the ballistics of the load you are using-- go to the zeiss web center and using there analyser adjust for the optimum setting, then look on your print out at those yardages which will be the moa drop for that distance.  the turrets will pull up and rotate back to zero so you can dial in-- however the markings don't go completely arount the turret.
trigger29 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
X = 180 Y = 90 (X+Pyro)+(Y-Pyro) = ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/17/2008 at 21:11
Good answer Dale. If you so desire, Zeiss will put Target knobs on that scope. I believe they told me it was $60 per knob. I looked in to this for my Z800 scope so I could use the reticle or dial depending on the shot opportunity. I was looking to put a Kenton knob on it.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/18/2008 at 10:22
I had them put a target knob on the elevation turret and was pleased with the whole transaction.

When it got back to me, I had a Kenton Industries BDC ready to go.  it has been dead-nutz since the first shot.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
bkondeff View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkondeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/18/2008 at 12:20
Thanks guys. 

I did go by a store last night and handled a 3x9 and really liked the set-up.  Now that I have my load developed on my 7mm with the 6.5-20x50 I may look into having the dial made.  I assume you give them the drop date or load data just like Leupold.
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/18/2008 at 12:21
that is correct, send them the data and they will print it.

Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic