OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Super Sniper Feedback

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2008 at 10:50
One day your life will flash before your eyes; Make sure it's worth watching.
Chris Farris II View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2008 at 10:51
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2008 at 10:55
Wow, how tight you torquing your rings?  Those are some hella marks on that thing.  Over tightening rings can screw up a scope faster than anything.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2008 at 10:56
Pictures of the Super Sniper that was broke on the .50 mounted with Millett Angle-Loc Weaver Style rings.

Edit. Mike said the Millett rings were just when he had the scope on a .22. It was mounted with Barrett Adjustables. My apologies.

Edited by Chris Farris II - November/21/2008 at 11:12
Cope6.5/284 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cope6.5/284 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2008 at 11:01
I don't think the problem arose in over tightening the rings. I think it is just the rings in general. I too have a Super Sniper 20X42 mounted atop a Barrett .50 Model 82A1 Semi auto with Badger Rings. I could not be happier with my setup.
Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms should be a grocery store, not a government agency
mike4764 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike4764 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2008 at 11:01

I only used thoses rings for my .22 rifle I took the scope off to take pics of. On the .50 it was mounted with Barrett Adjustable rings. Some of the best rings I have ever used. Thoses ring marks are very light but the flash makes them look worse than they are. They were never too tight and there is no indent or crushing of any kind.

Cope6.5/284 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cope6.5/284 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2008 at 11:03
I have never seen that happen with Badger Rings. Any feedback from Chris Mike?
Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms should be a grocery store, not a government agency
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2008 at 11:04
I can see how much wider rings would be better for the .50.  Especially after seeing that video that dale posted showing the flex of a scope on a .50
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
mike4764 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike4764 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2008 at 11:08
Chris contacted me and told me there is nothing he can do. While I apreciate his stand I dont agree with it. The rings had nothing to do with it, again they were just off my .22 where I put that scope to mess around with. The scope simply failed, its no ones fault it just happens sometimes. He told me to send it to Bushnell, I will do that. I respect his decision as I did not expect too much. I did not have the receipt and it was purchased a few years ago.
BoDaggitt View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoDaggitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2008 at 11:21
Barrett rings are smooth internally so either those were pretty tight or on a gun with a lot more recoil that a .22 to leave the groove marks on the bottom of the scope like that.  
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2008 at 11:46
It was mounted on a .50.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2008 at 11:51
Originally posted by Cope6.5/284 Cope6.5/284 wrote:

I have never seen that happen with Badger Rings. Any feedback from Chris Mike?

I don't want to hijack this thread, but Cope, what ammo do you generally shoot in your M82?  Have you tried the Barrett ammo?  do you reload your own? 

Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2008 at 13:02
With ring marks like that, it almost has to be amounting problem of some sort.  I have never used Barrett rings, but that just does not look right.

ILya
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic