OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Meopta 3-12x56 Meostar R1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McKinneyMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Meopta 3-12x56 Meostar R1
    Posted: November/14/2008 at 19:04
I am interested in one of the Meopta 3-12x56 Meostar R1 scopes for a new rifle.  I really like the 3-12 variable and the 56 objective is also and great feature for lower light gathering.  I have not heard a great deal about them, but what I have heard seemed very positive.  Anyone own this or other Meopta scopes that could share some opinions vs other highly regarded scopes?
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/14/2008 at 19:41
I own two Meopta products a 4-12x40 R1 and a pair of 10x40 binos.  The binos are excellent, almost "top shelf",  the scope I would put on par with the Zeiss Conquest line "upper middle class"
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
ismateleno View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ismateleno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2008 at 03:03
forgiveness for my poor English, just tell that meopta meostar 3-12x56 is considered in europe with the best quality and price surpassed only by the high-end models from Zeiss, swarovski, s & b Kahler and a greeting from spain.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2008 at 09:16
Welcome, McKinneyMike!

Judging by your handle and your state of residence, am I correct in assuming you and I live in the same city NE of Dallas, in Collin county?

Edited by RifleDude - December/09/2008 at 09:17
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2008 at 09:21
Meostar is better than Zeiss conquest.  In the looking I have done through the two, Zeiss conquest isn't as nice as the Meostar optically.  I have three Meopta products, two of which are Meostar and they have very very nice glass.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
McKinneyMike View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McKinneyMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2008 at 09:25
Sorry for the delay in responding to your question of residence.  Yes i do live in McKinney, just outside of town to the west to be exact.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2008 at 10:08
Don't want to hijack the thread any further, MM, but I live off Eldorado PKWY in the community just east of Hardin blvd, less than a mile from the Tom Thumb.  If you ever want to meet up and go shooting, send me a PM.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
McKinneyMike View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McKinneyMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2008 at 10:41
I might have to do that Ted.  I have a friend that has 400 acres in Oklahoma near Ardemore that we could shoot on anytime.  
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2008 at 14:39

Big Grin  " Howdy, I'm Ted's brother, Daryll!!"
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2008 at 14:54
Originally posted by Ed Connelly Ed Connelly wrote:

I thought your name was Ed, Ed.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2008 at 16:37
Originally posted by McKinneyMike McKinneyMike wrote:

I might have to do that Ted.  I have a friend that has 400 acres in Oklahoma near Ardemore that we could shoot on anytime.  

Sounds good to me! Thunbs Up
Ted

ckk1106 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ckk1106 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2008 at 19:33
Originally posted by supertool73 supertool73 wrote:

Originally posted by Ed Connelly Ed Connelly wrote:

I thought your name was Ed, Ed.

Roll on Floor Laughing

Edited by ckk1106 - December/09/2008 at 19:33
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2008 at 22:07
Ed is flexible...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2008 at 22:33
..............it's almost Wednesday............................!!  Bucky
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
hunter12345 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunter12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/12/2008 at 09:27
The Meopta got a big push last year.The model is up there with the Zeiss Conquest. 
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/12/2008 at 09:29
Bull-Loney......................MEOPTA will Smoke the Conquest in it's little finger!!!!

Edited by Ed Connelly - December/12/2008 at 09:30
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/12/2008 at 09:44
Meopta makes the lenses for Zeiss conquest and the Meostars are optically better than the Conquest line.  Noticeably in my opinion.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic