OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Parallax on Burris scope

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SGPphotography Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Parallax on Burris scope
    Posted: November/14/2008 at 10:48
Hey all, I'm new here and hoping I can find some answers to a question I have. I'm currently looking to purchase a Burris Signature Select 3x-12x by 44mm scope for my 30-06 hunting rifle. Here's my question. My only experience with a 3-12 power scope is a low end Bushnell. with that scope, if I turn it up past 9x, the reticle gets blurry to the point that I can't see to place my shot properly. The image and target are in focus, but the reticle gets blurry. How is the Burris Signature Select on this issue? Any problems at all? Anyone had experience with this scope? I like the power range of 3x-12x. I hunt mostly whitetail deer in the woods of Minnesota, but the land I hunt also has some clear open shots out past 300 yards. I also plan on using the rifle for antelope or Mule deer/Elk at some point.

Thoughs? Opinions?

Thanks!
Seth
Seth Petro
In God we trust
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/14/2008 at 11:21
You must have had some problems  with the Bushnell. On both of these scopes the reticle is in the second focal plane and the zoom should not have any effect on the reticle. The focus on the reticle will be with the ocular adjustment. This should not be a problem with the Burris. The Burris has very good glass in it price range.
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
SGPphotography View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SGPphotography Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/2008 at 21:39
Thanks, I didn't think that the Burris scopes would have any problems. I'm figuring it was just the cheapness of the Bushnell, and I don't even know if its a true Bushnell. I'm guessing probably not. It was shipped direct from China, but came in an actual Bushnell Dusk to Dawn box with Bushnell instructions. But I couldn't find the scope anywhere on Bushnell's website. Guessing probably a knock-off, but I'm not gonna complain, I only paid $45 for it.

I'm pretty much set on a Burris scope, just need to decide which one. Toss up between the Signature Select 3x-12x by 44mm, or the Euro Diamond 2.5x-10x by 44mm with the BallistiPlex. I've heard that the Euro Diamonds are excellent for low light conditions. The scope will be on my Savage 30-06 which I use primarily for whitetail deer hunting in Minnesota. Mostly woods shots, but several possibilities for 150+ yard shots, even out past 300 yards from one stand. But hopefully a trip or two west for antelope or Mulies/Elk is in the not so distant future.

Thanks!

Seth
Seth Petro
In God we trust
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/17/2008 at 01:14
Burris Signature Select is a well made scope (as are most scopes in its price range). You should not have any problems with it like the ones you are having with your current scope.

ILya
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic