OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Ruger rings with a SS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inter1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ruger rings with a SS
    Posted: January/12/2005 at 12:25

HI.

I am going to get a SS10x42,it is going on a Ruger M77MK2 22-250.I am hoping to be able to shoot it at 1000'.

Would you think the factory rings would work ,or do I need to upgrade?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Danny.

Boomholzer View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomholzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2005 at 16:15

Depends on the height and ID of the rings.

Are you trying to reuse what you have...................or are you asking if the factory Ruger rings are OK and are planning to order them?

Edited by Boomholzer
inter1 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inter1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/13/2005 at 00:28

No,

I am not going to reuse the ones that came with the rifle,they are for a 1" tube.

I would have to order factory 30 mm rings ,they are available trough Brownells,med and high are the choices .I am really asking for an opinion on the Ruger mounting system.

Thanks for the reply.

Danny.

redneckbmxer24 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneckbmxer24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/14/2005 at 07:12

leupold makes rings for ruger, they're available through SWFA im prety sure, and they're a helluva lot better than the factory rings, and you will need atleast medium height rings.

cory

If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns, I'll be only one of millions!!!
CloudDancer View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CloudDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/14/2005 at 13:28
Give Ruger customer service a call at 1-603-865-2442, explain your situation, and I'm sure they'd be happy to swap you for a new set of 30mm rings.  Look through the catalog at http://www.ruger.com/Firearms/P-AccessoriesSR.html, find the rings to fit your rifle and scope, and write down the part number.  They may ask you to ship back your current set of 1" rings, or they may even send you a new pair for free... Either way, you should be able to get what you are looking for without wasting money on a new set.

As for the quality, both the Leupold and Ruger rings are all steel, use Torx-head screws, mount the exact same way, and are very strong, so there is no point in passing up a free set of the Rugers for a $70 pair of Leupolds.
inter1 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inter1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2005 at 00:45

Thanks again for the replys.

I will for shure investigate the possibility to get a new set of rings from Ruger.

I looked over the  Ruger web site ,the rings are priced at$ 60.+ I would be very surprised if they would just give them away, but I will certainly give them a call.

I can get them for $43.21 trough Brownells,that is quite a saving compared to the price  listed on the Ruger catalog.

Danny.

Agueybana View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Agueybana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/26/2005 at 20:33

I just replace my scope and factory rings on my Ruger M77II 338 and put a bigger scope and factory large scope rings.  I’m very disappointed with the new rings there not machine properly. I adjust the scope to the right to sight in the rifle to almost the max.  The scope also run out of clicks on the up and down knob; barely got it sight in after modifications were made.  You can’t shim between the ring and the build in base properly.  I looking forward to contact Ken Farrell to see the weaver base for the Ruger M77II style that they manufacture.  Hopefully they get me out of misery.  And if that doesn’t work I will be trying Leupold rings for ruger.   

inter1 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inter1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/27/2005 at 00:06

Tanks for replying.

I now have a set of 30 mm  SS Ruger factory rings that I bought  at Gunbroker .

The funny thing is that I traded the rifle the day after winning the auction ,so now I have a set of 30 mm Ruger rings and no rifle to put them on,if any one need them send me an email.

Danny

dmora@outdrs.net

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic