OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

sightron big sky or SIII

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rooshooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: sightron big sky or SIII
    Posted: November/11/2008 at 07:19
which scope would you guys choose for a varmint rig between the big sky 6.5-20-50 SF mildot, and the SIII 6-24-50 SF mildot? please try and answer questions such as which would be better in low light, which has better resolution, is the sightron mildot fine enough...? thanks all!
trigger29 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
X = 180 Y = 90 (X+Pyro)+(Y-Pyro) = ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/11/2008 at 10:08
This would be a good question for Koshkin. I think he said some improvements were evident in the SIII series, but I don't remember for sure. Hopefully he will chime in and give some insight. I have yet to see an SIII here, and therefore am pretty useless.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/11/2008 at 10:14
trigger - D. A. doesn't have the SIII's in stock?
take em!
trigger29 View Drop Down
X = 180 Y = 90 (X+Pyro)+(Y-Pyro) = ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/11/2008 at 10:18
No, Bruce is too busy promoting the SI line yet. He must have a higher mark-up on them or something. When I was looking at Conquests, he was trying to push that SI on me. I told him I know what I want, and he didn't have it. Too bad for him. I did see the other day that they just got a bunch of new optics in though. They now carry more Leica and Zeiss stuff than before.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/11/2008 at 13:07
I think SIII has slightly better resolution.  I am generally very impressed with the newly redesigned SIII.  Also, SIII has a lot more adjustment range for long range shooting.

Like most things in life, in the end it comes down to money: if you can afford SIII, get it.  If you can't get SII Big Sky, it is almost as good for a fair bit less.

ILya
hunter12345 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunter12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/2008 at 20:44
The Big Sky SII is as good as the SIII for low light conditions however the SIII has more adjustments for long range work.Both are premium rifle scopes.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic