OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

h&k sl8

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tminc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: h&k sl8
    Posted: November/10/2008 at 07:11
Just added a new sl8 to the collection, any idea's on what optic's to top it off with,mostly target and steel practice Thanx for the help!
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/10/2008 at 07:53
yes.

A few more details will prevent our giving you a list of 20+ optics that would work well.

how much you want to spend?
what ranges shooting?
brand preference or dislikes?
shooting experience?

That'll start the conversation down the right path.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
tminc View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tminc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/10/2008 at 08:51
I'm looking at the night force 2.5-10,the acog's and The range is standard .223, 50 to 300 ,I have a .300 wm  that takes care of anything longer.Grew up with a rifle in my hand,would like to start to shoot competition.Thanx for your help.I own mostly leo's,but I 've got a 5-22nf on my .300

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/10/2008 at 09:24
I'm a huge Nightforce fan so the 2.5-10 is a good choice.

ACOG is a good optic but it ain't made for precision work, you'll be far happier with the NF if you want to punch paper and print respectable groups.

If you are in the Nightforce price range, you really can't do better than that.  I'd get the 2.5-10x32.  M only other suggestion would be a US Optics SN3 1.8-10.  The Nightforce is the better value, the USO is better glass, better build strength (and no rotating ocular - damn that rotating ocular!
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/10/2008 at 09:46
+1 Thunbs%20Up

"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
tminc View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tminc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/10/2008 at 11:26
Thanx for your input,I was leaning that direction,my dealer has a close out 24 2.5-10x24 he'll make me a deal on,the new 32 is real nice,but another 400 bucks,what do you think

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/10/2008 at 13:15
that extra 8mm will make a difference on image quality at 10X and will make a difference on everything in lower light.

It might sound counter-intuitive, but for the price you are already paying (unless your guy has a freak'in great price on the 24mm objective) I'd say spring for the 32.

I'd look at the USO too.  it costs a little more but is worth every penny in my opinion.  I love Nightforce, and I just sold my last one to mount a USO in its place - they are that good.
tminc View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tminc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/10/2008 at 13:48
25%more light transmission,and it probaly has more features,I have not looked at it yet, but the32 is getting great reviews.Thanx mr. RC for all your help
tminc View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tminc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/10/2008 at 13:50
The tide is rolling
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic