OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Bushnell 4200 running out of Elevation Adustment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Bushnell 4200 running out of Elevation Adustment

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scout-ranger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bushnell 4200 running out of Elevation Adustment
    Posted: November/05/2008 at 04:51
I have a Bushnell 4200 6-24X40 (42-6242M) with 1 inch tube and mildot reticle that I mounted on my CZ 750 S1M1 bolt action  rifle using a Leupold low QRW rings on the CZ Picatinny rail.

My problem is that when i sighted-in the rifle scope, I ran out of elevation adjustment on the up position at 100m. since it is a mildot reticle, I used the third dot on the upper area of the reticle since this is the closest to the center of the target paper. Loco

Previously, I had a Leupold VX2 4-12x40 with LR duplex reticle installed with the same Leupold QRW rings and I did not encounter this sort of problem.

I already tried swapping the rings but it was still the same. Loco

What can I do about this?

Has anybody here experience this kind of problem?

Thank you all in advanced for your Help Smile

8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2008 at 06:43
Just a few questions to start the trouble shooting:

Are you sure both rings have locked properly into the bases?

Did you run out of elevation in that you cannot go higher or lower?

It may be that you have to zero on the center of the reticule and then use the mil dot dots when wanting to engage targets further and closer then your zero point. By using the 3rd dot you are possibly X inches low at 100yds, which is a lot of adjustment you are losing.

Have you turned the dial all the way to the bottom and counted how many clicks you get going all the way to the top. Halve this amount and see where you are on paper at 25 yds by looking through the barrel and seeing when looking through the scope where the cross is in relationship to the barrel impact point.

Edited by 8shots - November/05/2008 at 06:47
Shenko View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shenko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2008 at 10:59
Any chance the scope's objective bell is contacting the rifle barrel?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic