OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Nikon Warranty

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nikon Warranty
    Posted: January/10/2005 at 16:56
Hi everyone I am thinking about buying a new or used Nikon Monarch riflescope.  Problem is I am not sure what they mean by Full Lifetime Warranty?  Is this the full lifetime of the scope or the full lifetime of the orginal owner.  If I buy one that is used does that scope have the same warranty as a new one. 

Thanks
Bill D
Bart Simpson View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bart Simpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/10/2005 at 21:12
Carl in N. FL
Bart Simpson View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bart Simpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/10/2005 at 21:17
I pulled a warranty card out of a box and it says that Nikon will repair or replace a scope found to have defects in materials or workmanship. "Even if you are not the original owner. No time limit applies and no warranty card is required."
Carl in N. FL
BillD1 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2005 at 16:23
Thanks Carl for your response, I was hoping to hear some positive news about Nikon's warranty.  I sorta felt that they would back their product like most of their competitors, but some of these warranties like limited lifetime can be little confusing for me.  Anyway thanks again for making it clearer.

Bill D
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2005 at 17:51

The title of this post qualifies as an oxymoron.

martin3175 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2005 at 18:09
 I recently purchased a Nikon Monarch 3x9, and installed it on a 30-06 Wby stainless on known accuracy. The impacts would wander left to right. I sent it to NIkon and was forwarded a bill for $170 to repair the scope, even though I had bought it weeks earlier. I contacted Nikon through their website on several occasions to figure why I was being charged for the repair. It took 3 messages and a phone call before "Ed" from tech support emailed me back to indicate it would be covered..this whole process took weeks and simply was unsatisfactory. I've also noticed a quality drop-off  in their scopes since their manufacturing base has moved to the Phillipines.

Edited by martin3175
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic