OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

JUST GOT A NEW SWAROVSKI!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAKO75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: JUST GOT A NEW SWAROVSKI!!!
    Posted: November/03/2008 at 16:54

ik

Edited by SAKO75 - February/17/2009 at 12:25
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/03/2008 at 17:02
No experience with the rail system, but I have an AV and the optics are wonderful.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/03/2008 at 18:06
Originally posted by SAKO75 SAKO75 wrote:

Swarovski 3-12x50 SR Habicht PH Riflescope with 30mm Tube, SR Mounting Rail, 4A Reticle (Matte Black) #57091

Anxious to see how this mounting rail works/looks. FOr the price, I couldnt pass it up....I bought Warne Maxima Weaver bases for the Cross SLot adaptors...

Putting this one on my main hunting rifle...

I'd love to hear how your swaro rail mount scopes work or look...pics?

Cool!!!

I believe TheKid has a rail mounted Swaro, maybe PM him?

“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Tip69 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/03/2008 at 21:18
Please post some pics when you get it all set up!
take em!
martin3175 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/03/2008 at 22:10
Yup--jealous on this end---nice scope
Duce View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2008 at 17:26
I have had a Swaro for 40 years its still a good hunting scope, serviced once. you will be spoiled and keep it forever.

Duce  Big%20Smile
Duce
SAKO75 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAKO75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/07/2008 at 18:58
h

Edited by SAKO75 - February/17/2009 at 12:26
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/07/2008 at 19:21
That looks killer. Lucky you.  
SAKO75 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAKO75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/07/2008 at 20:05
 mounts that you could have period

SAKO75 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAKO75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/07/2008 at 20:17
if given the option

snowflake77 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/13/2008 at 09:45
I have one mounted on a 300wsm and for some reason I do not have permission to post a pic anymore???? Maybe you have to have 100 posts now? 
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/13/2008 at 09:50
Many of us are having the same problems with the error messages when trying to post pics, snowflake, me included.  Hang in there, and the problem will probably be resolved soon.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/13/2008 at 17:58
Originally posted by RifleDude RifleDude wrote:

Many of us are having the same problems with the error messages when trying to post pics, snowflake, me included.  Hang in there, and the problem will probably be resolved soon.

Seems better today though, doesn't it??  
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/13/2008 at 18:22
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

Originally posted by RifleDude RifleDude wrote:

Seems better today though, doesn't it??  

Yes, indeed!
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/2008 at 10:12

Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/2008 at 10:14

RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/17/2008 at 15:23
The rail makes for a nice, clean mount setup, Snowflake!  Should provide for superior mount placement for eye relief.  The only disadvantage I see to the rail is that, in order to provide room for the rail, mounts, and mount bases, the scope ends up being fairly high above the gun.
Ted

Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/17/2008 at 15:44
I thought so , too....................Stare
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/17/2008 at 15:44
Looking at some of TheKid's pics on another thread it appears like there may be other mounts choices to get the Swaro "rail scope" mounted lower. His pics do not zoom to that particular area of the rifle like snowflake77 does so I could be wrong.
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/20/2008 at 18:56
I thought that it seamed a little high but it works.
I fell in a creek 2 weeks ago in Id and banged the hell out of the gun and scope. There is a big gash in the scope and the barrel looks about as bad. I am happy to say that it still shoots lights out, it is just not as pretty now. Can't say the rail had everything to do with it but I am telling you it hit really hard and by the way it is made by Swaro!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic