OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Gun sales are up!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gun sales are up!!!!!
    Posted: October/27/2008 at 07:12
It seems that there is a growing concern about who will be leading this Country. The result is that Americans are buying fewer cars, and trucks. Buying less expensive wine, saving in all manner of areas, except one. Gun and ammo sales. Google this and see what you come up with. Note also that the Fed is keeping tabs on this. I wonder why????? 
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
silver View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/27/2008 at 08:49
Local dealer said that his stuff was flying off the shelf for on reason, -Obama-!
"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/27/2008 at 15:13
NEWS BULLETIN
I just read that an 8 year old boy has accidentally fatally shot himself in the head while firing an Uzi at a Gun Show (!) in Westfield, Mass.
The news on the computer said it was two hours old.
The gun show had a machine gun shooting range with Instructors and the boy was firing the gun and it kicked back and fired a round into his head in front of Instructors, parents, etc.

Such a tradgedy....and it won't be good news for gun shows, either.  Plus, there was the shooting at the Arkansas university today, too.

supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/27/2008 at 15:46
I heard it on the Radio earlier today.  The anti gunners are already all over it, I gotta agree though, why in the world would you let an 8 year old kid fire a short auto weapon like that without some else holding on to it.  Just really sad.  
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/27/2008 at 16:15
As I read some where on this sight "better to have and need, than to need and not have".
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/27/2008 at 16:26
Went down to the range and gunshop yesterday for a cup of coffee and conversation. I was only there a couple of hours, and in that time I saw at least 3 guns go out the door. Didn't get much conversation, they were too busy.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/27/2008 at 16:32
Originally posted by supertool73 supertool73 wrote:

I heard it on the Radio earlier today.  The anti gunners are already all over it, I gotta agree though, why in the world would you let an 8 year old kid fire a short auto weapon like that without some else holding on to it.  Just really sad.  

Absolutely.  Remember the video we saw last spring when the young man ( idiot ) was firing a fully automatic Pistol by laying the frame across his left hand----and he wound up shooting himself in the hand? 

Imagine an EIGHT YEAR OLD, for God's sake.  What were they thinking?  NOW all of us are gonna look like rednecks!!    
opticsmike View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opticsmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/27/2008 at 16:34
Actually, I think the saying goes "better to have and not need, than to need and not have".
Tip69 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/27/2008 at 19:26
Thanks Mike.... couldn't quite make the other one work!

I'd say they weren't thinking!
take em!
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/27/2008 at 19:46
Currently working on getting a m1a myself. 
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/28/2008 at 00:26
Loco

Edited by Urimaginaryfrnd - October/28/2008 at 02:08

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Mithran View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mithran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/28/2008 at 01:33
Originally posted by Ed Connelly Ed Connelly wrote:

I just read that an 8 year old boy has accidentally fatally shot himself in the head while firing an Uzi at a Gun Show (!) in Westfield, Mass.
The news on the computer said it was two hours old.
The gun show had a machine gun shooting range with Instructors and the boy was firing the gun and it kicked back and fired a round into his head in front of Instructors, parents, etc.

Such a tradgedy....and it won't be good news for gun shows, either.  Plus, there was the shooting at the Arkansas university today, too.

The shooting at the school is bad, and so is the 8 year old.  To bad he didn't break the 180 degree rule and clip his parents because then I would know natural selection really works.  We've been real busy at the gunstore I work at as well.  Since working there I have learned one thing though, not everyone should have guns, nor oxygen, nor the skin they are using, and a lot of them don't deserve the "carbon footprint" they are leaving.
Fight Smarter
Not Harder
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/28/2008 at 03:11
Originally posted by Mithran Mithran wrote:

The shooting at the school is bad, and so is the 8 year old.  To bad he didn't break the 180 degree rule and clip his parents because then I would know natural selection really works.  We've been real busy at the gunstore I work at as well.  Since working there I have learned one thing though, not everyone should have guns, nor oxygen, nor the skin they are using, and a lot of them don't deserve the "carbon footprint" they are leaving.

Roll%20on%20Floor%20Laughing     

mercenary1947 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercenary1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/28/2008 at 05:55
Originally posted by silver silver wrote:

Local dealer said that his stuff was flying off the shelf for on reason, -Obama-!

I'd more say in case the economy completely crashes ... we're going to have to defend home and family from the inner city scum that will be coming to kill and rob us for our food ! The people are not descent and mentally stable as were the folks in the last depression ... the trash of today will kill you for $10.00 or your used sneakers ! About every expert I have heard said it's going to get alot worse before it gets better . No matter who wins ... I fear we're going to have to lock and load before it's all over . Cool
One Shot One Kill .... *S.O.F * Head Shots Only
               SWFAM
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/28/2008 at 06:55
Stay "Locked and Loaded" just in case. You never know about those damned "ZOMBIES"
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/28/2008 at 14:49
Originally posted by cyborg cyborg wrote:

Stay "Locked and Loaded" just in case. You never know about those damned "ZOMBIES"

Drummer Beat: To Quarters

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/28/2008 at 22:27
here is the bottom line people, guns dont kill people, people kill people ( in cases themselves) with guns. a gun is harmless by itself, out law stupid people not guns, its not the guns fault it cant tell you no.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
swtucker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swtucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/31/2008 at 09:41
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

here is the bottom line people, guns dont kill people, people kill people ( in cases themselves) with guns. a gun is harmless by itself, out law stupid people not guns, its not the guns fault it cant tell you no.

AMEN!  why is it they don't want to ban alcohol to prevent DUIs?  Or restrict the size of beer you can buy....oh wait they like to drink.  Nevermind.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/31/2008 at 14:00
Originally posted by swtucker swtucker wrote:

Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

AMEN!  why is it they don't want to ban alcohol to prevent DUIs?  Or restrict the size of beer you can buy....oh wait they like to drink.  Nevermind.
They tried that once! It didn't work! Created more problems than it was supposed to fix; and it wasn't even in the Bill of Rights.
Wait till they ban something that is in the Bill of Rights.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/31/2008 at 21:18
There is a real potential for civil disorder. Not only has the radical muslim world declared war on us but for the first time ever we have a guy who was at least previously a muslim who wants to disarm us in violation of our Constitution and who really sees the law as a tool to be bent to his own use rather than a set of rules applying to everyone fairly and guarding liberty.  Add the financial instability caused by government mandates in the community reinvestment act.  Shocked The democrats created the problem and now they are here to solve it like a phoenix from the ashes.  Loco

He can keep the change.

Edited by Urimaginaryfrnd - October/31/2008 at 21:22

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic