OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

You Might Be a Gun Nut If...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: You Might Be a Gun Nut If...
    Posted: October/21/2008 at 20:44
  • ... you ever seriously thought about dabbing on a little Hoppe's #9 before going out on a date.
  • ...you buy some checkering tools, you checker all your gun stocks, and then start on the bedposts.
  • ...you cannot recall how many firearms you own.
  • ...you buy a gun that's just like that other gun you have except the barrel is 1/2" shorter (or longer).
  • ...you buy a gun at a shop only to find out you used to own it a couple of years ago.
  • ...you know 12 different names for one caliber of cartridge.
  • ...you ever clean a gun that hasn't been shot in the week since you cleaned it last.
  • ...you consider naming your unborn child Winchester or Remington.
  • ...you purchased two Glocks and two Sigs just to see which brand was better.
  • ...your drive to work is filled with reverie about why Ed's Red actually works.
  • ...you strip all the paint off our car and refinish it with cold blue.
  • ...you ever bought ammo in a caliber for which you have no gun, because you thought some day you MIGHT get a gun in that caliber.
  • ...your collection of American Rifleman back issues, Gun Digests and reloading manuals cost you a premium the last time you moved.
  • ...you have more than one gun that "kills on both ends."
  • ...you buy high capacity magazines for a gun you have not bought yet.
  • ...you take your guns out of the safe each night and handle them, just so you can wipe them off before putting them away.
  • ...your mother-in-law asks what new gun junk you want for Christmas this year.
  • ...you see TV footage of the war in Bosnia and wish you were there to pick up the brass.
  • ...you drive 300 miles just to ogle (and fire) (H&K H-K) HK-MP5s (and Stens, Uzis, BMGs and whatever else shows up at Knob Creek).
  • ...you keep a loaded gun hidden in every room in the house, including the bathroom and kitchen, "just in case," and then keep one on you at all times just in case someone breaks in while you're in the hallway.
  • ...you consider it unpatriotic not to own at least one .45 and one .22.
  • ...you named your pocket pistol "Little Guy" and your 12 gauge "Big Jake."
  • ...you own reloading dies for calibers that you do not shoot.
  • ...you tape American Shooter so you can pause, reverse and fast forward to do a complete analysis of the show.
  • ...you understand Smith & Wesson's model numbers.
  • ...you ever bought two brands of the same weight and type of bullet, just to see if one "shot better."
  • ...you keep a collection of different cartridges at your place of work as a "conversation piece."
  • ...you take your wife on vacation to a gun show for your 10th Anniversary and she is as excited to go as you are.
  • ...you ever had to explain, "It's NOT the same gun, it's a variation!"
  • ...you and your new father-in-law go to a gun show on your wedding day.
  • ...you have life memberships in more than one shooting organization.
  • ...you read that "Brady II" would outlaw possession of more than 1,000 rounds of ammunition and think, "I have more than that rolling around loose in the trunk of my car!"
  • ...watching The Lion King gives you the itch for a .470 Nitro Express.
  • ...while watching the movie Terminator 2, you have to leave the room in tears and mournful sobs after Arnold Schwartzenneger throws the CAR-16 off the moving tractor trailer and it goes bouncing away.
  • ...you go to three different gun shows within a month and you're excited every single time.
  • ...your guns are cleaner than your residence.
  • ...you have 5 different guns being DROS'd at 3 different FFL dealers.
  • ...you plunked down a $130 deposit on a Seecamp after waiting two years for them to accept your order, and are still willing to wait another two years for them to make your pistol.
  • ...your mom gives you a new Springfield Armory .308 sniper rifle for Christmas.
  • ...four local gun shops know you by name.
  • ...you have your own BATF agent (mounted any suitable way).
  • ...you're friends with 90% of the employee's at all the local gun shops.
  • ...you identify the gun on the cover of Dillons Blue Press before you even notice the girl.
  • ...when you stop in at the local gun shop, they ask you questions like: "How was work?" "How are the wife and kids?" "We're gonna order some food, ya want in?" etc.
  • ...you have more gunpowder stashed in your home than your local sporting goods store has on hand.
  • ...you can wallpaper your house with old issues of Shotgun News, Gun List, Guns & Ammo, etc.
  • ...all of your children are life members of the NRA.
  • ...your children are named "Ogive" and "Meplat."
  • ...if you make $30 per hour at work, but spend 30 minutes on your knees at the range looking for that last piece of .40 S&W brass.
  • ...you have Brownells on speed dial.
  • ...you trimmed down 100 10mm cases to form .357 Sig brass before commercial supplies of this brass were available.
  • ...the custom door lock pulls on your Jeep are .223 Rem cases and the gear shift knob is a .50 BMG.
  • ...your girl friend thinks that aura of Hoppes No.9 is your favorite after shave.
  • ...you have guns in your safe that you can't, for the life of you, remember how you came by.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
ckk1106 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ckk1106 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/2008 at 22:15
.you buy a gun at a shop only to find out you used to own it a couple of years ago.

That's my favorite.
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/2008 at 22:27
man-- thats scary really scary
Rosco and betty
just laid away 5 45 rd, msar mags.
glocks are better
416 rem mag, 338lm
never go out on dates
1000 rds doesn't even cover 9mm
got married on Oct. 1 (opening day of duck season so I could remember it)
regular gun store pledged first child
dillon and brownells have my number on speed dial
could go on
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/22/2008 at 06:39
 I used to go to the gun shop and look at their used rifles ( some of which I traded to them ) and I would look at my former guns and get annoyed that someone had put a scratch on them!!  Loco

Excellent  
martin3175 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/22/2008 at 08:41

Wow..I am happily subject to allot of those !!!!!!!

For me--"went to  Firearms museum on your honeymoon " ....bless her heart, didn't belly ache at all !
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/22/2008 at 09:02
...when you stop in at the local gun shop, they ask you questions like: "How was work?" "How are the wife and kids?" "We're gonna order some food, ya want in?" etc.

...if you make $30 per hour at work, but spend 30 minutes on your knees at the range looking for that last piece of .40 S&W brass.

AND WHATS THE MATTER WITH THAT?

I'M FRUGAL!!!    Roll%20on%20Floor%20Laughing
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
Chris Farris II View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/22/2008 at 11:52

• ...you keep a collection of different cartridges at your place of work as a "conversation piece."
  •  
    One day your life will flash before your eyes; Make sure it's worth watching.
    BeltFed View Drop Down
    Optics Retard
    Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/22/2008 at 15:40
    Got married in Feburary so the anniversary wouldn't interfear with any hunting season or Knob Creek MG shoot. I'm guilty of more of them than not, but I've known I was a gun nut before I was old enough to buy a gun.
    Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
    koshkin View Drop Down
    Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/23/2008 at 19:39
    I think I qualify on about half of those.

ILya
    pyro6999 View Drop Down
    Optics Retard
    Optics Retard
    OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/23/2008 at 20:53
    i turned it into a mass email and forwarded it around i thought it was funny and in a lot of instances true!
    They call me "Boots"
    375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
    "good ride cowboy"
    swtucker View Drop Down
    Optics Master
    Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swtucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/25/2008 at 20:13
    I lost a gun in my divorce...(no sh*t)   And I can honestly say that I miss the gun more.
     Post Reply Post Reply
      Share Topic