OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

SS10X42M

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote INDIA CO. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SS10X42M
    Posted: October/21/2008 at 09:14
(first post)
Hello I just purchased a SS10X42M and while I am awaiting it's arrival, I figured that I would ask the forum's opinion on the preferred mounting methods. This scope will be going onto a Remington 700 PSS. Thank you to all in advance.
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/2008 at 09:37
Burris XTR

This will fix you right up with no worries or troubles.

We need some pic's of this rig. also

WELCOME to the OT.

P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
INDIA CO. View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote INDIA CO. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/2008 at 10:04
Thank you for the quick reply and info provided. Looks like I will be opting for the Burris Xtreme Tactical 1" Rings Matte Low (1/4"). When all is set up, I will provide a pic for the forum. Thanks again.
INDIA CO. View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote INDIA CO. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/2008 at 10:06
PS. If anyone has other opinions, please post them. The more information I can obtain the better.

supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/2008 at 10:25
I would get a one piece base.  It will add strength to the receiver of the gun making it more ridged.   Get the low rings as well, with a SS they will be fine. An SS is a 30mm scope, you will need 30mm rings not 1 inch rings.

Edited by supertool73 - October/21/2008 at 10:26
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
INDIA CO. View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote INDIA CO. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/2008 at 10:51
How about?
http://www.swfa.com/p-13443-badger-ordnance-30mm-1-piece-ringmount.aspx
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/2008 at 11:33
That would work, but it limits you a lot on how you can mount the scope to your gun.  I would get a 20 MOA one piece base.  Either an IOR, Badger, or TPS.  
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
INDIA CO. View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote INDIA CO. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/2008 at 12:01
I'll take a look. Meanwhile, keep the suggestions coming. Thank you.
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/2008 at 12:19
Originally posted by INDIA CO. INDIA CO. wrote:

(first post)
Hello I just purchased a SS10X42M and while I am awaiting it's arrival, I figured that I would ask the forum's opinion on the preferred mounting methods. This scope will be going onto a Remington 700 PSS. Thank you to all in advance.

Nice choice in rifles my friend!!!

remember the Super Sniper has a 30mm main tube not 1inch.  So you have to go with the 30mm rings.

http://www.swfa.com/pc-4649-633-burris-xtreme-tactical-30mm-rings.aspx

as for a base.
High dollar, but excellent.

http://www.swfa.com/pc-8304-468-badger-ordnance-maximized-scope-1-piece-rail.aspx

Good price Good base.

http://www.swfa.com/pc-11561-1773-warne-tactical-1-piece-base.aspx

Also SWFA is soon going to get TPS bases and rings.

RIGHT CHRIS!!!

Edited by Steelbenz - October/21/2008 at 12:24
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/2008 at 13:17
Welcome to Optics Talk and the Super Sniper faimly, IC.
Thunbs%20Up
INDIA CO. View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote INDIA CO. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/2008 at 17:11
Originally posted by Steelbenz Steelbenz wrote:

(first post)

remember the Super Sniper has a 30mm main tube not 1inch.  So you have to go with the 30mm rings.

as for a base.

NICE SUGGESTIONS. I was actually looking at those options earlier today, but iI am still undecided. keep them coming. 

http://www.swfa.com/pc-8304-468-badger-ordnance-maximized-scope-1-piece-rail.aspx

Good price Good base.

RIGHT CHRIS!!!

INDIA CO. View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote INDIA CO. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/2008 at 17:17
Originally posted by Steelbenz Steelbenz wrote:

(first post)

as for a base.

Good price Good base.

RIGHT CHRIS!!!

GOOD CHOICES! I was actually looking at those options earlier, but I am still undecided. keep the suggestions coming. Tankks to all.
INDIA CO. View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote INDIA CO. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/22/2008 at 10:47
Ok. First off, I would like to thank everyone for their input on the subject. It was nice to get your advice, especially since I am new to bolt action rifles.... After reviewing all the advice, I have decided on the following rail and rings, even though I was not initially sure what constituted a long or short action rifle. (and I am still not 100% sure of the classifications, but I was told that I have a short action)

Rail-   Badger Ordnance Maximized Scope 1 Piece Rail
            Matte
            Remington 700 Short Action
            20 MOA
Rings- Badger Ordnance Max-50 Scope 30mm Rings
             Matte
             Standard Height (.823")
             Max-Alloy
I just called SWFA and unfortunately, the glass will not be in before the rail & rings. That's just my luck.
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/22/2008 at 11:07
With that set up you'll be able to pull a truck with it and still not knock the scope out of whack!!! LOL
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
INDIA CO. View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote INDIA CO. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/22/2008 at 11:09
THAT'S THE PLAN!!! LOL!!
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/23/2008 at 18:16

The Max 50's are a little too much for that PSS, IMO. The regular Badgers will work just as good and look more appropriate, IMO.

Good shooting! Hope you love your new set up.  
INDIA CO. View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote INDIA CO. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/23/2008 at 19:18
True, but I am kind of thinking ahead in case that I decide to get something a little bit farther reaching that the 700.

"It is better to have and not need than to need and not have."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic