OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

SS or falcon Please help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SS or falcon Please help
    Posted: October/18/2008 at 14:56
Hi im Nick, this is my first time posting in here.
I have a remington 700, 5r .308. , so far ive already added a jewell trigger. and i have a badger 20moa mount for it as well.
And no I have not shot it yet.

I would love to start out with somthing like a Leupold MK4 4.5-14x mil dot , but I really cant afford that right now.

What i must have in a scope is 1/4moa target / exposed turrets . and pleanty of elevation adjustment . to easily make it to 1000 yards with 308
Most of the shooting would be at 100 to 300 yards and somtimes i do go to a range where they have up to 1000 yards , but shooting past 300 would be a little bit rare because its quite a drive to that range.
   Sorry about my whole story book, just wanted everyone to know as much as possible about my needs.
      Im torn between a Falcon Menace. 4-14x44 FFP . or a super sniper
and when it comes to the super snipers i dont know if i want to go 10x or 16x

I like the falcon alot as far as all the goodies but im afraid of failure and not having customer service shout it fail.
   Im confident a super sniper will hold up and last . but it is a fixed power , which leaves me lost on the 10x vs 16x issue . Im a little afraid of the 16x not being as clear and less resolution .

thanks for any  help
Nick

NOBAMA
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/19/2008 at 23:13
Sounds like you already know the dilema. I have a 10x Super Sniper. Great Scope.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/20/2008 at 06:13
WELCOME NICK
Let me tell you about the SS. Very nice glass for the price point. Heck nice glass period, very well made and ultimately dependable. They are in use as Sniper Scopes as we speak. They are well made and TOTALLY BACKED 100% by SWFA.
Heck I can tell you someone that actually ran his over with a pickup truck and it's still doing the job as if nothing happened. They are as we say here "CRAZY TOUGH" My next scope purchase will be the SS, to replace the one that was stolen. It is the only thing left to replace at this time. 
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
TwoLaneBlackTop View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TwoLaneBlackTop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/20/2008 at 13:16
I had to make a similar choice a little over a week ago. I chose the Super Sniper and am very glad I did. I'll repost my opinion from another thread.

The Super Sniper was issued a National Stock Number, that speaks louder than any written hype! The falcon products look like decent scopes. I was researching them just a few hours ago as I am planning on purchasing a super sniper in the next few days myself and wanted to check the competition. After reading about both scope as I came to the conclusion that in the Super Snipers price range there is no actual competition! Nothing else is close to it in terms of the overall package in this price range (arguably, nothing is close until you spend at least  double the price!) . Take into account optical quality, quality of materials, quality of construction, range of adjustment, repeatability, durability, proven track records, etc....

I would take the super sniper (side or rear focus) over a falcon any day! The super sniper is the real deal! It seems there are countless tactical scopes on the market today; how many can lay claim to actually being issued a contract by any military that is part of NATO? Not many, and even less can say they were issued a contract by the greatest and most advanced military on the face of the earth!

The choice is a no brainer in my opinion. And the Flacon, it uses Japanese glass, but the majority of the components come from China.

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/20/2008 at 14:58
Originally posted by TwoLaneBlackTop TwoLaneBlackTop wrote:

And the Flacon, it uses Japanese glass, but the majority of the components come from China.

The "Flacon"........Roll%20on%20Floor%20Laughing Excellent  Wink 

I'm sorry for laughing, but that just struck me funny for some reason.
Been a weird day....(wipes drink off moniter.) Hippie

nick26 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/20/2008 at 19:24
Super sniper it is then . im thinking a 10x for my 308. 16 seems like it would be a bit much for tactical use
NOBAMA
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/2008 at 03:50
Originally posted by nick26 nick26 wrote:

Super sniper it is then . im thinking a 10x for my 308. 16 seems like it would be a bit much for tactical use

Excellent choice.   
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/2008 at 06:27
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

Originally posted by nick26 nick26 wrote:

Excellent choice.   
Yes, that is a wise choice. 16 isn't too much for a 308 when it is in a variable configuration. For a fixed power (Tactical) it is best that you stick with a 10, or 6, or even a 4.
Please keep us posted as to the delivery and your thoughts about it when you get it.
We LIVE for that kind of stuff.
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
nick26 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/23/2008 at 17:35
I will let you all know. it will be a few weeks before i make my order too.
Im also unsure if i should go with badger or seekings rings
NOBAMA
linedrive301ft View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linedrive301ft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/23/2008 at 19:10
Hey Nick, first time posting myself. I have the SS and the Falcon and I don't think you can go wrong with either one. Good glass for the $.

Regards
Trying to keep it in the X-ring
nick26 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/2008 at 17:43
where did you get a Falcon? i cant seem to find one
NOBAMA
linedrive301ft View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linedrive301ft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/25/2008 at 17:42
RWS gunsmithing did a group buy on the Hide. Purchased a 4x14 FFP in mils.
Easy to range with when you know the values in the reticle.
Hope this helps.

Regards
Trying to keep it in the X-ring
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic