OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Two videos for Pyro

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Master Extraordinaire
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Two videos for Pyro
    Posted: October/17/2008 at 15:37
Stiring%20The%20Pot............Pyro!..........It`s getting closer to the end of the year. New rifle soon?

Saw this audio/video on the "rifleshooter" magazine website in the video section.

"338 Federal Rifle Cartridge" with Boddington at the range shooting at some steel plates. I wonder what rifle he`s a shootin there??Big%20Grin...Whistling

Also, as a bonus when I saw this one as well on the same site, I immediately thought of you!.....Entitled,,,,"30-06 or .270--Which is best?"........Stiring%20The%20Pot......Roll%20on%20Floor%20Laughing!!!

Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/17/2008 at 18:15
so........... where's the video?
take em!
Big Squeeze View Drop Down
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/17/2008 at 18:27
Originally posted by Tip69 Tip69 wrote:

so........... where's the video?
............Go to,,,, "rifleshootermag.com"....The video section is right there on the homepage.
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/17/2008 at 18:31
Or try this link..........http://rifleshootermag.com
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/17/2008 at 21:16
or how about one of these?

Home > Products > Firearms > Centerfire Rifles > Model R-25
Model R-25.™  Built to Hunt.
Model%20R-25™
Model%20R-25™

Remington is excited to announce the Model R-25, a modular repeating rifle designed for big game hunters. The Model R-25 is available in 243 Win., 7mm-08 Remington and 308 Win.; three of today’s most popular short action hunting cartridges.

With the hunter in mind, the new R-25 modular repeating rifle boasts the most advanced design aspects of AR 308 Win. style rifles available today. For peak accuracy, the R-25 features a precision-crafted 20 inch barrel with recessed hunting crown that’s free-floated within a machined-aluminum fore-end tube for the ultimate in shot-to-shot consistency. Six longitudinal flutes forward of the gas block provide increased rigidity and weight reduction while promoting rapid barrel cooling.

Model%20R-25™

Control comes naturally with the ergonomic pistol grip and lightweight overall design of the R-25. Its precision engineered upper and lower is machined from aluminum forgings for durability. For the ultimate in concealment in a variety of terrain, each Model R-25 is completely covered in the ultra-effective Mossy Oak® Treestand™ camouflage pattern. Each rifle is provided with a four-round magazine and is compatible with all aftermarket AR 308 Win. type magazines and accessories.

Model R-25™ Features

Free-floated button-rifled 0.680" Muzzle OD ChroMoly barrels with recessed hunting crown for superior accuracy

Fluted barrel design reduces weight and promotes rapid barrel cooling

Clean-breaking single-stage hunting trigger (factory set to 4.5-5lbs)

Receiver-length Picatinny rail for adding optics and accessories

Ergonomic pistol grip for rock solid aiming and control

Front and rear sling swivel studs

Full Mossy Oak® Treestand™ coverage

Includes 4-round magazine

Legal for hunting in most states

Compatible with aftermarket DPMS 308 Win Magazine Boxes

Lockable hard case included

More Photos

They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/17/2008 at 21:56
[QUOTE=pyro6999]or how about one of these?

Home > Products > Firearms > Centerfire Rifles > Model R-25
Model R-25.™  Built to Hunt.
Model%20R-25™
Model%20R-25™

Remington is excited to announce the Model R-25, a modular repeating rifle designed for big game hunters. The Model R-25 is available in 243 Win., 7mm-08 Remington and 308 Win.; three of today’s most popular short action hunting cartridges.

With the hunter in mind, the new R-25 modular repeating rifle boasts the most advanced design aspects of AR 308 Win. style rifles available today. For peak accuracy, the R-25 features a precision-crafted 20 inch barrel with recessed hunting crown that’s free-floated within a machined-aluminum fore-end tube for the ultimate in shot-to-shot consistency. Six longitudinal flutes forward of the gas block provide increased rigidity and weight reduction while promoting rapid barrel cooling.

Model%20R-25™

Control comes naturally with the ergonomic pistol grip and lightweight overall design of the R-25. Its precision engineered upper and lower is machined from aluminum forgings for durability. For the ultimate in concealment in a variety of terrain, each Model R-25 is completely covered in the ultra-effective Mossy Oak® Treestand™ camouflage pattern. Each rifle is provided with a four-round magazine and is compatible with all aftermarket AR 308 Win. type magazines and accessories.

Model R-25™ Features

Free-floated button-rifled 0.680" Muzzle OD ChroMoly barrels with recessed hunting crown for superior accuracy

Fluted barrel design reduces weight and promotes rapid barrel cooling

Clean-breaking single-stage hunting trigger (factory set to 4.5-5lbs)

Receiver-length Picatinny rail for adding optics and accessories

Ergonomic pistol grip for rock solid aiming and control

Front and rear sling swivel studs

Full Mossy Oak® Treestand™ coverage

Includes 4-round magazine

Legal for hunting in most states

Compatible with aftermarket DPMS 308 Win Magazine Boxes

Lockable hard case included

More Photos

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/17/2008 at 21:58
thats my alter ego's rifle there
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/17/2008 at 22:01
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

thats my alter ego's rifle there
............See the videos?
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/17/2008 at 22:06
craig knows his stuff scott rupp is apparently a moron, the .270 sucks the .280 is so much better than both of those two.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/17/2008 at 22:26

craig knows his stuff scott rupp is apparently a moron, the .270 sucks the .280 is so much better than both of those two.
.................Laugh.....Roll%20on%20Floor%20Laughing.....................I knew you`d have a reaction like that!!!..........A moron!!Laugh.............I set you up to get some laughs, especially on that one!!............You should e/mail your thoughts to the magazine!!!........Laugh
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/17/2008 at 22:28
nobody listens to me here why would they listen to me at a place like rifle shooter? they have guys like layne simpson and craig boddington and terry weiland, they dont need me.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/17/2008 at 22:39
Boddington was shooting the Ruger Frontier...I`d really like to see Ruger re-chamber again, the 300 & 325 WSM`s in that rifle, assuming their legalities can be worked out. I`d also like to see the 7 WSM, which does for all practical purposes the same things as the 280 Remy....The WSM`s are great shorty barreled calibers.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/17/2008 at 22:40
so is the 6.5 rem mag and the .350 rem mag
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/17/2008 at 22:49

so is the 6.5 rem mag and the .350 rem mag
.....Yep! I forgot about those two! The 350 Remy Mag chambered in the Frontier? Now that would be one great handling, short to medium range big game blaster. I`d really consider goin for that one!

Remy would probaly want royalties from Ruger. That`s why Ruger dropped the WSM`s. The developers of the WSM`s wanted alot of moooo-la from Ruger.  
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/17/2008 at 22:56
ruger is currently chambering the .350rem i dont see any reason (money wise) why  they couldnt do the 6.5, other than the fact that the 6.5mm's havent been very popular in the united states. which is too bad
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/18/2008 at 02:31

ruger is currently chambering the .350rem i dont see any reason (money wise) why  they couldnt do the 6.5, other than the fact that the 6.5mm's havent been very popular in the united states. which is too bad
............According to the Ruger web site, the 350 Remy was discontinued. Also, there is no listing of the 350 Remy in the Ruger `08 Buyer`s Guide Catalog which I have. Maybe last year they did.

For the Frontiers, they do show the 338 Fed & 358 Win. Regardless, the 338 Fed. is still a great choice for short to medium range big game hunting.

But then again, there is always the 338 RCM for even more oooompf than the 338 Fed.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/18/2008 at 06:14

M77® Mark II   ·  Standard

Rifle / Bolt Action / M77® Mark II / M77R MKII

Product Overview·Specifications ·Instruction Manual·Locks

Caliber: .350 Rem Mag
Capacity: 3 Rounds
Finish: Blued
Stock: American Walnut
Barrel Length: 22"
Groove: 6
Twist: 1:14" RH
Overall Length: 42"
Weight: 7 lbs
California Approved: N/A
Massachusetts Approved: N/A
Front Sight(s): None
Rear Sight(s): None
Other Features: Three Position Manual Safety
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/18/2008 at 12:08

M77® Mark II   ·  Standard

Rifle / Bolt Action / M77® Mark II / M77R MKII

Product Overview·Specifications ·Instruction Manual·Locks

Caliber: .350 Rem Mag
Capacity: 3 Rounds
Finish: Blued
Stock: American Walnut
Barrel Length: 22"
Groove: 6
Twist: 1:14" RH
Overall Length: 42"
Weight: 7 lbs
California Approved: N/A
Massachusetts Approved: N/A
Front Sight(s): None
Rear Sight(s): None
Other Features: Three Position Manual Safety
.................Yeah, but directly to the right of where it says suggested retail, it also says "discontinued." They discontinued alot of the MK2`s!............That jives with my Ruger `08 catalog. No 350 Remy anywhere in there.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/18/2008 at 17:05
they may have discountinued it but i can safely say you can look  around a little and i bet you could find a nib to have for yourself. the rem 673 is and excellent choice also
rem is also still producing a rifle or two in the .350 i know you can get a m7 .350rem mag

Edited by pyro6999 - October/18/2008 at 22:14
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/19/2008 at 00:28

they may have discountinued it but i can safely say you can look  around a little and i bet you could find a nib to have for yourself. the rem 673 is and excellent choice also
rem is also still producing a rifle or two in the .350 i know you can get a m7 .350rem mag
................I wouldn`t want the 350 Remy with the 22" tube or in the 673... I`d much rather have one in the Frontier, if Ruger ever makes one. Also, I like having both the scout & conventional scope options on the same rifle. Ruger Frontier is the only rifle to do so.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic